Roy Keane

TrentVilla

Hahaha, the man is a legend - I hope he stays at Villa for a long time.

With Movember / No Shave November approaching, I think all Villa fans should participate in growing a "Keano beard." Angry as **** looks optional :D

Edited by F-87

Yeah because I'm Irish and I forgave Keane a few years back so sorry your point is lost on me haha

I think my comment had feck all to do with him being Irish.

As long as you'd be happy with him behaving as he does associated with Man U, Sunderland, Ipswich or wherever then it's fine (of a sort).

It was a bit of a shit point tbf, you're basically trying to slag ppl for liking a member of our coaching staff but whatever....

No. I'm trying to point out that if he weren't a member of our coaching staff (if he were a member of the coaching staff of another team) then people wouldn't be doing the Chuck Norris shite and so on.

Can't be having positivity about something Villa related now can we?

That's a silly comment. Edited by snowychap

It was a bit of a shit point tbf, you're basically trying to slag ppl for liking a member of our coaching staff but whatever....

No. I'm trying to point out that if he weren't a member of our coaching staff (if he were a member of the coaching staff of another team) then people wouldn't be doing the Chuck Norris shite and so on

You could say the same about pretty much anybody connected to the club - fans are naturally going to be more positive about somebody that's connected to Villa than somebody that isn't. If you don't feel that way then fair enough but there's no need to try and berate those that do.

• Like 3

You could say the same about pretty much anybody connected to the club - fans are naturally going to be more positive about somebody that's connected to Villa than somebody that isn't. If you don't feel that way then fair enough but there's no need to try and berate those that do.

Of course. I'm not sure that I've berated anyone (but that's up to you...).

(Edit: Perhaps I did berate Bunnski for misunderstanding my point.)

As to the rest, your response suggests, unsurprisingly, a great lack of awareness.

Edited by snowychap

As to the rest, your response suggests, unsurprisingly, a great lack of awareness.

What exactly is he not aware of?

I've never liked or disliked Keane particularly because I can't remember him doing or saying anything negative towards Villa. As for his attitude on the touchline if it adds to the entertainment then it's a plus, that's why I watch football anyway, to be entertained. I would like to say as well that our fans don't seem to be the only ones who are taking to him and I think he'll be a popular figure in football by the end of the season

Praised him and said I was happy to have him at the club. Replied "we shall see if you still think so after our first loss". He scared me but still a legend!

That's brilliant! Good to hear him taking time to talk to the fans :)

Edited by skarroki
  • Like 3

What exactly is he not aware of?

I've never liked or disliked Keane particularly because I can't remember him doing or saying anything negative towards Villa. As for his attitude on the touchline if it adds to the entertainment then it's a plus, that's why I watch football anyway, to be entertained. I would like to say as well that our fans don't seem to be the only ones who are taking to him and I think he'll be a popular figure in football by the end of the season

Praised him and said I was happy to have him at the club. Replied "we shall see if you still think so after our first loss". He scared me but still a legend!

That's brilliant! Good to hear him taking time to talk to the fans :)
We're going to lose a game??? Keane out!

FWIW I've always liked Keano, the only thing that I really think was bad was the "tackle" on Haland after their spat. He could have easily broken his leg badly IIRC. Fait enough they had previous but he handled it badly afterwards in the press too.

That aside, I'm really glad he's here, that he seems to be having a positive effect and I think it'd be great if he manages to turn his coaching career around here too. It'd be good for him and great for us.

Â