Ecuador v England

andykeenan

Valencia deserved it, wilshere being the hard man again, sterling unlucky but if he'd have hit him with the leading leg rather than the back one it could have been a horror tackle, not sure why itv are defending sterling so much, it wasn't a very good tackle

But he didn't hit him with his leading leg, he got got the ball with his leading leg, in turn it wasn't a horror tackle. Bit of an odd way to look at it mate.

What the hell?

How can you not "take enough of the ball", he went in for the ball and got the ball, no injury and no real contact on Valencia. What a tool.

there's nothing about getting the ball in the rules.

You can get the ball and still be reckless.

I think it was slightly harsh, but he can't really complain.

• Like 1

Valencia deserved it, wilshere being the hard man again, sterling unlucky but if he'd have hit him with the leading leg rather than the back one it could have been a horror tackle, not sure why itv are defending sterling so much, it wasn't a very good tackle

But he didn't hit him with his leading leg, he got got the ball with his leading leg, in turn it wasn't a horror tackle. Bit of an odd way to look at it mate.

His leading leg was very high, over the top of the ball, would have caught Valencia mid shin if he hadn't have hurdled it, his back leg has then caught him as well

It's not a very good tackle, like I said I think it's harsh because he didn't really catch him that badly, but that was more through luck than judgement, he could easily have put Valencia out of the World Cup with that tackle, absolutely no need for it

• Like 1

Sterling challenge a yellow at best in my view, Valencia defo a red.

Midfield of Lampard and Wilshere have been woeful defensively which partly explains why we've been so open. Though not helped by system we've played Ox, Barkley and Rooney all very advanced leaving the two very exposed.

Lampard looking to old to make a challenge and Wilshere like he's never been taught how. Overall better hope Gerrard doesn't get injured.

Have to agree with those saying we'll struggle to get out group (though nothing new there) over both games we've looked seriously crap defensively. Poor going forward against Peru and bit better tonight.

Still if we were Italy people would be calling us a tournament team after performances like these.

I'll choose to remain irrationally optimistic at this point

I think the ref probably just thought it was getting a bit hairy, so send them off and simmer it down.

Its a friendly so there won't be any real consequences from them going off

I thought Sterling was unlucky - his challenge was a yellow at worst - a minute before Valencia had left a foot in on an England player and upset a couple - I think the ref picked up on that. Valencia had lost it, he thoroughly deserved to go. He's been a prick for a couple of seasons now. 

No one really made a big push for a shirt there, maybe Oxlade Chamberlain, Barkely and Lambert can say they did alright - I wouldn't consider any of the others for our starting line up in the opening group game.

The 18 year old Rooney was a much more interesting player than the one supposedly in his prime now.

I wonder when the last time he took a player on was?

To be fair he has changed and all players do, at his best he is still one of our best players so I'm not one for jumping on band wagon that he is finished.

If we're to do anything in the WC we need him sharp but that always seems to be a struggle

BpUHA6fIEAAp_Eq.jpg

Defo a red.

Like I said at the time, awful tackle. Id be angry too if someone almost cost me a World Cup place.

Exactly, Valencia has suffered a leg break before and you can understand his reaction. It is Ecuador's last friendly before the World Cup, he is going to captain his country at the World Cup and there was no need for the tackle.

• Like 1

Looks as though Ox might be out of the world cup with ligament damage.

Shame, was our best player today and was defiantly in contention to start against Italy. One of the few players in the England team who actually take players on along with Barkley.

• Like 1

Â