Ecuador v England

andykeenan

"I'm not prepared to address your obsession with Ross Barkley," said Hodgson.

"He lost the ball an awful lot of times as well. If he's going to be the player we want him to be, he has to make better decisions of when he turns with the ball.

"That's not a criticism, but there were other performances out there today who merited your 'obsession' more than Ross Barkley's.

"Oxlade-Chamberlain and Phil Jones were outstanding, Jack Wilshere in the middle of the park and Rickie Lambert scored a magnificent goal."

Nice one Woy. I agree, he did lose the ball a few times, but he is still a young player and it is to be expected and what stands out about him is that he continues to try even if he fails the first time. Phil Jones and Jack Wilshere were outstanding? Come off it mate and then to finally take the piss he says Rickie Lambert scored a magnificent goal. It was only a magnificent goal because of the magnificent play/run before it by none other than Ross Barkley himself.

Suppose being an Everton lad he still isn't allowed in that upper echelon of English football. 

Wow did he actually say that?

Milner has to play in the CM with Gerrard for me.  He is alot more solid than Wilshere or Henderson and did a very good job there for Man City at times last season. What a waste of talent.

I would go

Hart

Johnson

Cahill

Jagielka

Baines

Milner

Gerrard

Wellbeck

Barkley

Rooney

Sturridge

BpUHA6fIEAAp_Eq.jpg

Defo a red.

This is a really misleading picture.

His front foot didn't make contact with Valencia's shin as that picture shows. It's just perfectly timed to look that way.

It was his trailing leg that caught him.

Still a justified red, imo. But it wasn't quite as bad as that makes it look

"He lost the ball an awful lot of times as well. If he's going to be the player we want him to be, he has to make better decisions of when he turns with the ball.

"That's not a criticism, but there were other performances out there today who merited your 'obsession' more than Ross Barkley's.

"Oxlade-Chamberlain and Phil Jones were outstanding, Jack Wilshere in the middle of the park and Rickie Lambert scored a magnificent goal."

Nice one Woy. I agree, he did lose the ball a few times, but he is still a young player and it is to be expected and what stands out about him is that he continues to try even if he fails the first time. Phil Jones and Jack Wilshere were outstanding? Come off it mate and then to finally take the piss he says Rickie Lambert scored a magnificent goal. It was only a magnificent goal because of the magnificent play/run before it by none other than Ross Barkley himself.

Suppose being an Everton lad he still isn't allowed in that upper echelon of English football. 

Milner has to play in the CM with Gerrard for me.  He is alot more solid than Wilshere or Henderson and did a very good job there for Man City at times last season. What a waste of talent.

I would go

Hart

Johnson

Cahill

Jagielka

Baines

Milner

Gerrard

Wellbeck

Barkley

Rooney

Sturridge

Yep, that is indeed what he said. They wonder why these young, talented, English footballers end up being shit, it could be to do with the fact that when they try to express themselves at a young age they are slandered. This time it isn't even the fans who are slagging a young player off, it is the manager, for no apparent reason either.

Hart

Johnson

Cahill

Jagielka

Baines

Henderson

Gerrard

Sterling

Lallana

Ox/Barkley

Sturridge.

Rooney can't cut it anymore, only place I can see him being successul is striker, but for me Sturridge is more of a threat now and more deserving.

OX. & Barkley stand outs as Lambert negatives back. 4 poor Milner at a RB just don't work weren't great from us Sterlling was not sending off but 5 live Danny Mills saying if do that type of thing in World Cup gonna get sent off

I would go

Hart

Johnson

Cahill

Jagielka

Baines

Milner

Gerrard

Wellbeck

Barkley

Rooney

Sturridge

Yep, that is indeed what he said. They wonder why these young, talented, English footballers end up being shit, it could be to do with the fact that when they try to express themselves at a young age they are slandered. This time it isn't even the fans who are slagging a young player off, it is the manager, for no apparent reason either.

Context. It wasn't the scathing attack the transcript makes it out to be. 

Roy is the nicest bloke in football. Surely it's fair to give him one misstep?

BpUHA6fIEAAp_Eq.jpg

Defo a red.

His front foot didn't make contact with Valencia's shin as that picture shows. It's just perfectly timed to look that way.

This

hYkrja.gif

BpUHA6fIEAAp_Eq.jpg

Defo a red.

This

hYkrja.gif

Just because Valencia was quick enough to readjust and stay out of the way doesn't mean it wasn't a really horrible tackle. If he stats in stride with that challenge his leg is broken.

It's all opinions.

For me it wasn't a "horrible" tackle, Alan Hutton makes horrible tackle. Sterling was the type of tackle players make about 30 times every game. It was there to be won.

He's an attacker and he messed it up and went slightly over the top, it was a clear yellow for me but not a red.

If you analysed every tackle as some people are on here you'd be sending A LOT of people off

BpUHA6fIEAAp_Eq.jpg

Defo a red.

This

hYkrja.gif

Just because Valencia was quick enough to readjust and stay out of the way doesn't mean it wasn't a really horrible tackle. If he stats in stride with that challenge his leg is broken.
I knew someone would say this, so i refer you to my last line.

That is the wrongest bloody thing I have ever bloody well read on VillaTalk (and possibly the whole bloody intenet) in the history of ever.

Encore Une Fois is not better than Ecuador!

• Like 1

Â