Crystal Palace

On 25/04/2024 at 20:19, VillaAlex said:

Olise is definitely more suited to a title chasing side. Both are quite injury prone though. 

Wouldn’t be surprised to see City go for him, or Liverpool 

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bayern have apparently had an 18 million bid turned down for Glasner

Might even unsettle them for weekend

They've been linked to Adam Wharton haven't they?

Chelsea wanted Olise last summer but don't think he wanted to leave. Would be some right hand side with him, Palmer drifting in and Reece James so hope that doesn't happen.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They've been linked to Adam Wharton haven't they?

Chelsea wanted Olise last summer but don't think he wanted to leave. Would be some right hand side with him, Palmer drifting in and Reece James so hope that doesn't happen.

I believe they've been quoted £60m :crylaugh:

26 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I believe they've been quoted £60m :crylaugh:

Early days but he has looked very good in his few months at this level so far. Palace signed him for 20m so not a stretch he'll be in the 40m bracket already with guys like Gibbs White as I can see him getting England call up in next 12 months as he's one of those tempo midfielders England are allergic to producing generally.

Posted (edited)

I've only seen highlights but Adam Wharton getting a lot of rave reviews at Blackburn, seen a few of their fans compare him to Gordan Cowans amongst others. Only turned eighteen earlier this year, already doing well at Championship level, going to have a lot of clubs keeping a watch on him.

Edited October 31, 2022 by useless

Adam Wharton is different style of player to Aaron Ramsey, he's more of a traditional central midfielder, but from what I saw last season looked like a top player, reminded a little of Bellingham when he first got into the first team at small heath, in that watching him play without knowing his age, you wouldn't guess he was so young as looked like one of the more composed and accomplished players, I think Blackburn probably should be asking for a similar fee to that which Bristol City received for Scott, but are apparently in financial peril so might have to settle for much less.

Edited by useless
It wouldn't surprise me if he got England squad for the Euros
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Early days but he has looked very good in his few months at this level so far. Palace signed him for 20m so not a stretch he'll be in the 40m bracket already with guys like Gibbs White as I can see him getting England call up in next 12 months as he's one of those tempo midfielders England are allergic to producing generally.

Not knocking him, he looks very good indeed, more just that his value has x5'd over about 10 games. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

Bayern have apparently had an 18 million bid turned down for Glasner

Might even unsettle them for weekend

Glasner turned down Bundesliga jobs to try and get a chance in the Premier League. Not sure he would go.

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

With that word removed in charge? He'll still be picking Henderson and Phillips. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tinker said:

Their on the beach, we will be rested and ready , definitely a villa win 🏆 

They certainly aren't. They are one of the form teams in the league?

26 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

They certainly aren't. They are one of the form teams in the league?

Who cares,.we're top 4 and have proved it over a season, they have won a few games, if you want to worry about them then go ahead,.I'm concentrating on villa  and our amazing season that will finish with a win away at Palace,  you back Palace, if you want.

Just now, tinker said:

Who cares,.we're top 4 and have proved it over a season, they have won a few games, if you want to worry about them then go ahead,.I'm concentrating on villa  and our amazing season that will finish with a win away at Palace,  you back Palace, if you want.

Ey?

You said Palace are.on the beach. They clearly aren't.

I pointed out that you are categorically wrong about their form. That's literally it.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Ey?

You said Palace are.on the beach. They clearly aren't.

I pointed out that you are categorically wrong about their form. That's literally it.

Oh , well done 👏 

9 minutes ago, tinker said:

Oh , well done 👏 

You are being very odd. 

You made a claim that was incorrect, I replied to that claim and then you said that meant I was backing Palace which I'm not, I was just pointing out that clearly they are not on the beach.

Then when I pointed that out you send a sarcastic reply. Very odd behaviour.

• Haha 1

They win a few games against teams with nothing to play for and people go overboard, will be midtable at best next season, they've got four or five top players Doucouré, Olise, Eze, Wharton, and Guehi, but that's nothing new they had five such players this and last season more or less and were still midtable, most midtable teams have four or five top players these days. In fact they're probably losing a few of their better players away from being in a relegation battle unless they replace them well.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

They win a few games against teams with nothing to play for and people go overboard, will be midtable at best next season, they've got four or five top players Doucouré, Olise, Eze, Wharton, and Guehi, but that's nothing new they had five such players this and last season more or less and were still midtable, most midtable teams have four or five top players these days. In fact they're probably losing a few of their better players away from being in a relegation battle unless they replace them well.

They have a good manager though, we as a club should know how much of an impact that can have. But they will lose a few players, Mateta linked with PSG and Olise will probably move.

I'd be very surprised if Mateta went to PSG, he's like the player version of them as a team, has had a very good end to the season but previous to that was very average, in his previous three Premier League seasons has scored two, five, and one, goals, even this season he had only scored two league goals in Palace's first nineteen games up until late January, and then had a late flurry, if he gets move to a move to PSG from it then an expression of admiration to him for his achievement and Palace for that matter if they get a big fee

I don't know anything about Glasner, so not saying he isn't or won't become a very good manager, but I suspect he's not on the same level as Emery yet, and won't have the level of resources that Emery has had at Villa, so I don't think the expectation should even be for them to do anything like what Emey has achieved anyway

This season is only the second time they finished top half in Premier League history, so that's a nice start Glasner I had more to say but decided to quit writing

Â