$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

not a case of being upset - not doubting the poster is passing it on in good faith - and long may it continue - but Imo this one hasn't got legs

What about the donut guys? Why was that anymore credible?

Apparently Moxley has said that the story is mostly Nixon's and that his contribution to it is the part about Vlaar's and Delph's contracts extensions being on hold for now. Maybe Harris and his friend do want an English club but whether or not it's Villa is anyone's guess. Don't know why they didn't get Charlton Athletic in the end but maybe they'll go for another Championship club.

Nixon knows sweet FA about what is going on at Villa.  He always get his stories wrong.

thats the joy of being a sports journalist - you can make up whatever you like - the readers believe you for a day, until it proved incorrect - then they buy the next days paper and believe that.

Even when its been proved incorrect some think 'no smoke..'

I'm as gullible as anybody unfortunately!

To be honest I think I'm more believing Abdulaziz's Al-Baltan link than this latest Harris stuff.

hahaha why. No offence but why are we so sure Abdul is so different to every other ITK.

Baltan's name had cropped up before Abdul had mentioned him. His telling us what he had heard just adds to the rumour I guess. Anyway Abdul say's that he's spoken to one of Baltan's relatives and I believe him doesn't meant to say that Baltan will end up with the VIlla but I'm prepared to believe he is interested.

So Baltan's name popped up and THEN we have a ITK who has inside information. Seems a bit suspicious to me especially as Baltan's obvious sharing information that he's in dialogue with the club and yet no press here or over there have cottoned on.

There was rumours of Saudi Arabian interest long before Abdul had even mentioned what he knew about Al-Baltan. Actually another VT poster (who has said nothing on this thread so far about the takeover) messaged me a few weeks ago about a Saudi group approaching Lerner, and I also think somebody on TBAR said something similar about interest from Saudi. It seems this link has a lot of weight towards it, whether it will lead to KAB buying the club is a totally different matter. 

• Like 1

So they go to buy charlton for 18million and withdraw their offer and then a year later try and buy villa for 150-200 million.

Doesn't add up to me.

Right now I'd take Ken Bates!

It sounds like they look for the right investment. They clearly have a lot of money so I don't think we can read much into their approach of Charlton and possible purchase of us.

I'm not questioning their approach just whether the journalists are making it up

It does strike me theres a bit of pattern emerging......just when all and sundry are saying no deal imminent ......then up pops another link......................whose pulling the strings here???

Neil Moxley is a villa fan so I doubt he'd make stuff up as I'm sure he wants us to be bought by a good owner aswell.

not a case of being upset - not doubting the poster is passing it on in good faith - and long may it continue - but Imo this one hasn't got legs

That's nothing to do with being picky about the language he uses.

It does strike me theres a bit of pattern emerging......just when all and sundry are saying no deal imminent ......then up pops another link......................whose pulling the strings here???

Neil Moxley is a villa fan so I doubt he'd make stuff up as I'm sure he wants us to be bought by a good owner aswell.

Moxley has said on his twitter that his contribution to the article is the stuff about Vlaar and Delph's contract extensions being put on hold. The story about Harris is all Nixon's.

Edited by useless

Couple of local media are saying Al-Baltan won't buy the club and he's not interested in buying an English team. Yet he publicly said that he's interested in ! And they're quoting him with not wanting or thinking of buying.

Yet here is a video which says :

Q:Are you going to buy an English team ?

A:I think of. a project which is coming.

Q:In a near time?

A:Yes, And I have many studies about it.

Q:Have you paid in these years more than 700m riyals?

A:No it's less, about 500m. From his own pocket.

I've read it before, But I've just watched it now to make sure. It gave me more confidence about what I've been heard.

To be honest I think I'm more believing Abdulaziz's Al-Baltan link than this latest Harris stuff.

hahaha why. No offence but why are we so sure Abdul is so different to every other ITK.

I don't think it's something about me exactly or anyone else, As I haven't said anything before to be true or a lie. But from the experience, The foreign media an ITK know more than people from the club. As they do it in the club very silently. That's what I think.

So Baltan's name popped up and THEN we have a ITK who has inside information. Seems a bit suspicious to me especially as Baltan's obvious sharing information that he's in dialogue with the club and yet no press here or over there have cottoned on.

I didn't know anything before that. What I heard it, I had some calls to check. Until I've heard there is interest from people who I believe and know that they know, I said it here. Then got silent for couple of days till I've had more concrete and detailed info and I've put it here.

I haven't knew anything before it been mentioned in the media.