$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Xenophobia doesn't have to be a fear of every foreigner.

Just to clarify that I'm not agreeing with the generalisation based on one example but I just don't think that xenophobia is an applicable tag for those who are doing this.

Not all certainly, but a couple of people have already specifically expressed an aversion towards Indian owners and while I don't necessarily think it's xenophobia, I definitely think a lot of people are generalising based on Venkys.

• Like 1

Seeing as Tony's ITK seems like the most credible so far, I'm torn between:

The story is true, and RL is so desperate to get out he's handing the club over to the first crowd to come knocking, and should be shot at dawn.

or

The story is dreamed up by a pretty clever SHA fan (didn't know there were any) who chose just about the perfect "buyer" wealthy enough to be believeable, but nowhere near wealthy enough to be anything but a disaster for the club.

So I had to stop posting on here as I started work for the club but with the takeover imminent, well let's just say I no longer work there.

As far as I know the rumours that broke this evening are true, quite a few people know but they've been asked to keep quite for a week or so until it's 100% confirmed. 

You sure you should be posting this?  Which of the rumours?  Was there an announcement?

Seeing as Tony's ITK seems like the most credible so far, I'm torn between:

The story is true, and RL is so desperate to get out he's handing the club over to the first crowd to come knocking, and should be shot at dawn.

or

The story is dreamed up by a pretty clever SHA fan (didn't know there were any) who chose just about the perfect "buyer" wealthy enough to be believeable, but nowhere near wealthy enough to be anything but a disaster for the club.

Except if you go back tony hasn't mentioned any names at all in either of his posts on the subject, also calls a fake page set up today a "source". Not knocking you personally tony just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

So I had to stop posting on here as I started work for the club but with the takeover imminent, well let's just say I no longer work there.

As far as I know the rumours that broke this evening are true, quite a few people know but they've been asked to keep quite for a week or so until it's 100% confirmed. 

Which rumour, there is about 50?

Untitled_1.png

• Like 1

I don't for a second think it's true but isn't it a bit ignorant to write them off just because of Venkys? Not all indian billionaires are going to the the same you know. By this rational it should mean we do not want more American owners either considering how much Lerner has destroyed our club.

• Like 1

You sure you should be posting this?  Which of the rumours?  Was there an announcement?

Bollocks, theres no way they would break the identity of the new owners before it is released to the fans and the media. Guaranteed come out

Hopefully it's the club circulating this rumour as cover for the real deal.

Could be a stalking horse scenario to force someone's hand?

Mendi says that Ellison is trying to drive the price down, perhaps this is Lerner's way of getting him to pay full whack?

I don't for a second think it's true but isn't it a bit ignorant to write them off just because of Venkys? Not all indian billionaires* are going to the the same you know. By this rational it should mean we do not want more American owners either considering how much Lerner has destroyed our club.

* MILLIONAIRES

I don't for a second think it's true but isn't it a bit ignorant to write them off just because of Venkys? Not all indian billionaires are going to the the same you know. By this rational it should mean we do not want more American owners either considering how much Lerner has destroyed our club.

Are they even billionaires?

tumblr_m7f16wuxte1qje4xjo1_500.gif?w=584

The question is...are the buyers just Indian and that is the most truth in it, or is it actually these dunkin donut men who have barely enough cash to buy us and have their stock tied up in two failing food franchises?

If Lerner sells us to the donut men then he really has stuck two fingers up at us.

Ellison is the one he wants to sell to but its fading away, the deal because of Lerner not willing to lower the price and also the payment how Ellison is willing to pay it. We going to be in some hard times until Lerner see sense and sells up.

There is Thai man who wants us and i lead to understand he will speak to Lerner some point down the line.

​Ellison wants us but Lerner is playing hard ball here, who wouldn't when you think of the money.

A few minutes before this post you said a deal has been shaken on... Now it's fading away?

• Like 1

I haven't read in to it much I just get the impression the indian owners part is putting many fans off which seems a bit unfair.

The question is...are the buyers just Indian and that is the most truth in it, or is it actually these dunkin donut men who have barely enough cash to buy us and have their stock tied up in two failing food franchises?

If Lerner sells us to the donut men then he really has stuck two fingers up at us.

Donut Men rumour is nothing but a joke. It was posted on fake site which was made to look like expressindian.com to wind us up.