$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Maybe Randy is showing Lambert around the restaurant, to offer him the job as manager there? <br />

<br />

"As you can see, there's a lovely wedding going on. You might need to replace the barmaid with someone on a lower wage though. She's been giving out the damn postcode to anyone who asks!"

• Like 1

In the Browns and Villa, Mr. Lerner owns two pricey assets; Forbes valued the Browns at $977 million in its latest valuations of NFL teams, while Villa's value was put at $240 million in the magazine's last soccer team rankings, in 2009.

Lerner sold the browns last year

Yes I know - I was just contrubuting to the discussion of how much AVFC is worth. Based on the above £200m would seem about right.

I reckon our bidder is Woody Johnson. total guess mind !

Sounds like a bit of a rocket polisher.

Maybe a 'Woody Johnson' is what you get after meeting a 'Randy Lerner'. 

Having been abroad with little internet I have had a lot of catching up to do but one thing that TBAR guy is saying as gospel does not sound correct to me. Why would the guy selling the club pay compensation out to Lambert and Faulkner and not just let the new owners do that?? Any Corporate Lawyers around to shed light on that?

I think we're screwed. Got a really bad feeling we are going to be rock bottom come January like Leeds were the year they eventually went down.

Me too, I dont think there is an interested buyer. I think we ill be given another shitty budget in the summer and Lambert and the players will carry on where they left off at the end of the season.

It's got disaster written all over it

Having been abroad with little internet I have had a lot of catching up to do but one thing that TBAR guy is saying as gospel does not sound correct to me. Why would the guy selling the club pay compensation out to Lambert and Faulkner and not just let the new owners do that?? Any Corporate Lawyers around to shed light on that?

I think they were there to discuss what will be happening in the summer and what the budget will be for players while we wait for a buyer. I dont think anybody is going anywhere anytime soon

• Like 1

Unless the new owner or a representative is also present.... Edited by Amo69

Unless the new owner or a representative is also present....

It doesn't make any sense to sack Lambert & Faulkner, even if prospective owners are in attendance. What if the takeover falls through, as theses things can.

What other manager or CEO are going to come in when there is no guarantee of who will be owning the club in a month, or six months, time?

Edited by Ghost_of_Pongo_Waring

BBC saying RL has appointed Merrill Lynch to find a buyer.

ITK's saying Bank of America is handling an agreed sale.

Hmmmm. All a bit confusing.

Bank of America own Merrill Lynch.

He said in his statement things would continue as normal until were sold anyway, why would you invite two people over to america to sack them? It'll be a situation update and what will happen for the next few weeks basically. The only way Lamberts leaving this weekend is if he resigns and he isnt going t walk away from a premier league job when he knows he wont get another unless he goes down a step and brings someone up.

Ellison has meet up today, meeting went fine and Lambert has told him, he the man to move the club forward, if he takes over.

Lerner has not promised him any funds, and the feeling is he will resign soon the manager.

The Takeover will happen , but their is massive delays which will take few more weeks, so that where we are now.

• Like 4