Midweek football 7/10 March

andykeenan

I thought Uefa always made the semi final draw with the quarters, bit like the Wimbledon draw, how come they changed it?

Think Bayern-Atletico and Chelsea- Real Madrid would be two really good ties purely because I don't want Chelsea fluking another CL win.

I thought Uefa always made the semi final draw with the quarters, bit like the Wimbledon draw, how come they changed it?

Think Bayern-Atletico and Chelsea- Real Madrid would be two really good ties purely because I don't want Chelsea fluking another CL win.

If they do then they should use it as an example in the teaching of atheism because it would be stone cold proof that there is no God.

I f****** hate Chelsea and that scum bag John Terry.

Sorry, Atletico for those fancy people who like to speak Spanish.

It's also interesting that Bayern is an attacking German side playing a Spanish way and Real is an attacking Spanish side playing a German way.

I don't know enough about Atletico to compare them to Chelsea.

It's their name. Nowt to do with it being Spanish.

You don't call Inter "Inther" do you?

Or do you?

• Like 4

Sorry, Atletico for those fancy people who like to speak Spanish.

It's also interesting that Bayern is an attacking German side playing a Spanish way and Real is an attacking Spanish side playing a German way.

I don't know enough about Atletico to compare them to Chelsea.

It's their name. Nowt to do with it being Spanish.

You don't call Inter "Inther" do you?

Or do you?

Only gay footballers would say "Inther"... only at most a dozen or so.

• Like 1

have to say its no coincidence Bayern were on top when they became more direct instead of the passing sideways across the box and back which is too predictable and id imagine Chelsea or Atletico would be able to eat that up like United did.

I also did say Evra would cost United even though he did get a wonder goal but Rooney should never have played as he looked injured and probably cost United with his 2 chances in their box

have to say its no coincidence Bayern were on top when they became more direct instead of the passing sideways across the box and back which is too predictable and id imagine Chelsea or Atletico would be able to eat that up like United did.

Yep. Seemed Bayern spent the first hour trying to bore United to death and it didn't work. 

What United did well for most of the game was not allow the wingers in behind and force either shots from range or crosses that were contested well enough that they couldn't properly pick players out, similar to how we had success v City at home. Unfortunately for them, Phil Jones decided they no longer needed to do that at 1-0 and let Ribery in behind and there ya go.

Edited by kurtsimonw

Sign of a good team though isn't it.

Plan A didn't work, switch to plan B and win the game anyway.

Plan A works for them the majority of the time.

true but I think their plan B is more effective than Plan A since it won them the Champions League last year and were a lot more dominating

It's a project though isn't it.

And this is year 1 for Pep.

Wrapping up the Bundesliga in March and sitting in the Champions League Semis whilst also being the favourites isn't a bad way to start.

Edited by Stevo985

Not really, Bayern have won 25 of the 29 games they have played in the league this season.  They are top because they beat everybody, not because Dortmund are under performing. 

• Like 3

Â