Watch Dogs

legov

Some tips for anybody playing or thinking of buying, that I have picked up so far:

- Play with stealth, think 'Batman'. I think it would be pretty easy to just shoot the crap out of everything with an AK47, probably a lot less fun to do it that way too IMO.

- If you do the above, silenced weapons are your friend, save up some cash and buy the silenced machine gun pistol.

- Use lifts and forklifts when being chased, often they lead to roof tops or places you can lay low.

- Garages and gates are great when being chased on the roads, make sure to close them behind you though. Garages specifically seem to nearly always have a doorway within them, an on foot entrance if you like. Use them to get away on foot.

• Like 1

Xbox One mate - I think the graphics aren't spectacular in the day time, but it looks so much better in the night time when its raining

Thats a shame. Im on PS4 - agreed the daytime could look better but nighttime is superb.

Played another 6 hours or so last night and i'm genuinely loving this game to bits.

I completely understand where some of the reviews are coming from regarding the GTA with hacking description but it's just so much damned fun.

I've mostly been flitting around the city (usually via motorcycle) stopping random crimes, attempting various challenges (the AR shooter is superb) and taking out other Fixers.

I spent hours last night taking out the main CtOS hubs which is great fun, there are various ways to approach it from stealthily stalking around causing havoc with hacking and then taking guards out with melee to taking out people from range with a sniper rifle then moving in for the final few kills.

The upgrade system works well, with additional skills etc that actually add something to your character rather than many of them being superfluous as I find in some games.

Only complaints would be the main story seems severely lacking in decent characters (cliches ahoy in the ones i've come across so far) and the selection of weapons / grenades / devices can feel a little clunky in the middle of combat. These are small problems though, and for me when a game is this entertaining they are easy to overlook.

• Like 4

Is there much to do apart from the story that'd keep the game fun? And what's the multiplayer like?

I've played around 12 hours so far and i've barely scratched the story so yeah there's plenty to do.

Haven't really delved into the multiplayer yet although I do like the idea of the one on one Fixer matches.

Is there much to do apart from the story that'd keep the game fun? And what's the multiplayer like?

You constantly seem to unlock new things to do apart from the main story.

Such as:

I just opened up a side quest storyline revolving around the illegal sex slave trade, have to track down slimey rich guys in an attempt to take down the trade ring

Rumours its somehow connected to and part of the same universe as Assassins Creed?

The boss of Abstergo in ACIV disappears and a mission in WD has you tracking him down. Odd.

Edited by Ingram85

Rumours its somehow connected to and part of the same universe as Assassins Creed?

When I saw gameplay footage, I wondered if the game was originally meant to be Desmond's game before they accepted that it was never going to happen (because Desmond is dull).

I'm enjoying the puzzle element to it, it's not complicated but reminds me of Templar layers in the assassins creed games with Ezio. It's the part of the game which gives you something to think about even if it's not hard and what I actually enjoyed about AC in retrospect and why I hated the pirate one and American revolution one.

Watch dogs is fun though, looks great but could have gone a bit further with its theme and I wish the vigilante celeb status really made a difference.

Â