Watch Dogs

legov

Looking around at what the people playing the game think of it... and all they go on about is how good/bad is looks graphically..

IS THE ACTUAL **** GAME FUN?!

Can I run this game despite my Laptop just missing the minimum specs? It's about 10x more powerful than the 360 yet that still has a release. Surely I can play on low settings?

Edited by villarule123

Have been watching it on stream this morning, the guy mostly just roamed around the city after the first few missions to unlock some stuff, so the hacking I didn't see much of. When he did use it though, to break into a building which unlocked 'server' access in one part of the map (which means you can hack stuff there), it allowed him to unlock the gates then look through the security cameras, and from there he just seemed to randomly click on whatever he could to blow some stuff up, distract guards, get on the roof, and then kill them all.

The world seems very well realised, very detailed with a bunch of stuff to do. There are these weird 'trips' you can do which basically turn the whole game world into a mini game, there were 4 which all did different things. Didn't seem very fun though.

The vehicle physics looked kind of weird, but the guy said the cars and bikes were fine to control yourself. Didn't get to see any profiling of people, although it does flash up with people of interest as you walk around, says what crimes they've committed and other stuff. When fully profiled you can then go hack an ATM for their money.

There was a kind of neat feature where, when you've committed a crime, you can see who has alerted the police, and if you bump them off before they complete the call, the cops aren't alerted.

Although I appreciate it's hard to get a proper feel for a game when only watching a stream, one thing I did come away with was how easy it seemed - no idea what difficulty he was playing on, and even if you can change it. Seemed to be able to take a lot of damage without dying, and even when the cops did chase, he just drove away, didn't really seem to be a real threat.

Would like to see more missions.

I had a quick go on it last night. My Laptop could only do 20-30fps on low settings so I can't comment on how it looks.

The game was OK, the hacking was fun and original but I can't help but think if you want a sandbox game, you might as well just play GTA. If you take out the hacking, which I think will get less fun the more you do it, you're left with a very bland version of GTA.

I am a bit of a fanboy though, so others might think differently.

How interesting is the hacking? Is it genuinely something you can innovate with in lots of situations as it seems in some trailers, or does it just come down to predetermined set peices with a big 'press A to do something really cool' button?

How interesting is the hacking? Is it genuinely something you can innovate with in lots of situations as it seems in some trailers, or does it just come down to predetermined set peices with a big 'press A to do something really cool' button?

The latter from what I saw although for example say you're being chased by the police you can open the doors to a garage, speed in and lock it behind you, park your car, switch for another car and lay down in the front two seats to hide or drive off slowly in your new car to act inconspicuous. 

I hope that makes sense?

The Gamespot stream didnt look at missions just all the free roam extras. Have to say I think it looked really good especially the mind trip spider game. Probably not going to be every ones cup of tea but I'll be getting it on PS4 if anyone else on VT is, multiplayer looks fun!

The Gamespot stream didnt look at missions just all the free roam extras. Have to say I think it looked really good especially the mind trip spider game. Probably not going to be every ones cup of tea but I'll be getting it on PS4 if anyone else on VT is, multiplayer looks fun!

That's what I watched I mate, looked decent didn't it? Like the Spidertank 

oops yeah just saw top of the page! Are you getting it? If so what format?

oops yeah just saw top of the page! Are you getting it? If so what format?

I think I will, not 100% sure still but the reviews don't come out until release day which is putting me off a bit. Why keep an embargo so late? Must be a reason.

That said, it looks like fun, or at least the Gamespot guys were playing it in a way that seemed fun. Games are dropping price now so I might buy some that I haven't played on my Xbox One (Ryse, Dead Rising) and hold out until Watch Dogs hits the £30-35 mark. Not paying £50 for it, not a chance.

There have been embargos on reviews for lots of PS4 games so im not overly concerned at the moment. . The only thing that slightly annoys me is the lack of demos.

• Like 1

There have been embargos on reviews for lots of PS4 games so im not overly concerned at the moment. . The only thing that slightly annoys me is the lack of demos.

Definitely agree about the lack of demos, really annoying, if we can't see reviews at least let us try it ourselves (especially with the prices still being towards the £50 mark)

Been playing it since yesterday on pc. It's an okay open world game. Not up there with GTA and by that I mean how refined those games are for it's times. GTA V world for example is better made and seems more "real" even if that had some shortcomings. The story missions from what I have played seemed pretty fun so far, but I haven't played it that much. So far the hack revolves around using cameras and switching to another from that one and so forth. Doing things like disruption on enemies so they start walking around or setting off a car alert. There is also stuff you can make blow up which can take out enemies, or stuff you can put up as cover or actually make lift go up or down. Not gotten far but so far I found it pretty enjoyable.

Hacking around when free roaming you can do the same type of stuff(not car alert I think? No big deal but whatever)

or set off traffic lights. This works pretty good as cars that are waiting on the light will all start driving so it seems pretty random, not so scripted as people thought. But after a crash, not much happens. They just stand there and you hear them say "omg bla bla" stuff. Would be fun if more happened as this is by far the coolest thing but I imagine it would get stale after a while.

Most of the hacking revolves around holding X or whatever button assigned to hack. It's very basic but not sure how they could have done it any other way. It doesn't seem like the hacking is that expansive really, I know you get that blackout feature after a while but I wonder if they have many surprises in store. Sure hope so...

The driving is pretty bad in my opinion. It feels pretty clunky and not..well great. Same goes with crashing in other cars and damage. It just does not come close to gta 5 or gta 4 for that matter. It kinda reminds me of sleeping dogs, though I find this a bit more enjoyable. Also when you turn, the camera sort of stays in that position so you got to position the camera right again. I like that it's not bound to a set angle all the time but it feels a bit weird. Maybe it is something you will get used to but there you go.

You can buy clothes in the game, but it's only different skins. I like that they have that but one would have hoped they would have more options. My DLC sense in tingling. There is also certain minigames around the map, stuff like gambling and what not. There is also those digital trips, not checked it out so much but spider was a bit fun for a while. Not something that is gonna keep you going forever but it's a nice addition.

Shooting in the game is okay I would say. You have pretty high recoil on rifles which I kinda like, you can just hold the button down and everything goes on the exact same spot. Enemies also seem to react pretty good to getting shot but it's just regular ragdoll I think. It works at least. You can also slow down time for a set period which you unlock very quickly.

Graphically it looks good but not that good that justifies the requirements it have. It also runs a bit bad. It has some nice things but certain things looks off. Definitely looks better at night, that is for sure. You will love rain here.

Also, anti aliasing just works horrible here. It just does not work good enough even with msaa 8 which just kills my framerate. You also need to force 16 AF for some reason as that is not in the menu.

My biggest gripe is that I have it hooked up to a TV but I get screen tearing no matter what. I NEVER have had something like this, no matter what solution I pull on it but it refuses to go away. Extremely annoying. And it gives me a headache as well.

Not finished yet but if you like open world games then this will certainly bring you some joy. It will not blow you away or bring anything really new to the table(maybe the hacking) but I like it so far.

If there is anything you are wondering about when it comes to gameplay then ask, I never sugar coat it.

• Like 1

I would say police chases are what you would expect normally. They will chase you down and they are very good at it, mostly so you are forced to take them out with hacking the lights or putting those blockers up for example. You stop, they get out and start to shoot you. They are pretty aggressive. Nothing out of the ordinary really. Not done it enough to spot any distinctive patterns but I bet you will see them after a while, but that goes for all games.

Pedestrians has not stood out really enough to notice anything. Fun thing is that when you are hacking, the stuff they do and such are random. So even if you load up a cutscene that will show that(it does it early in the game) they will be different if you load it up again. Saw one guy that had posted a blood donor that was hiv positive. Gonna play it more later so I'll see if pedestrians and clothes come regularly.

Â