Driving License - Paper Counterpart

Stevo985

Might be a weird question, but as usual, if I can't find the answer by googling, I ask VT and I'm bound to get the answer.

I need to send a copy of the paper counterpart of my driving license to the dealer I'm buying my car from.

So needless to say I spent last night trying to find the **** in my house.

I found A paper counterpart, but it appears to be an old one. The address is my previous address (whereas my photocard has my current address) and it's an old signature.

So my question is, when I renewed my driving license last year (whole new license, new photo etc) would I have received a new paper counterpart, and the one I've found is an old version (i.e. I need to keep looking for the new counterpart)

Or, do I have to renew the paper part separately?

Can't for the life of me find a straight answer by googling, so I leave it to you!

You'd have got a new counterpart. I did it myself a few months ago

You've lost it

Damn! :D

I thought that was probably the case, I was just surprised that I'd still have the old one. I would have thought I'd have sent it off and they'd keep it?

Oh well, at least I know I have to keep looking now  :rolleyes:

Oh and if you tell them you lost it you have to sign a form to say you lost it, though as I really couldn't be arsed sending it back I'm still waiting 2 addresses later for them to send me even a reminder :D

Oh I will definitely have mine somewhere. I just didn't want to carry on digging around for it if I'd found the right one.

And similarly didn't want to send the one I've found to the dealer only for him to tell me I'm a moron.

... similarly didn't want to send the one I've found to the dealer only for him to tell me I'm a moron.

If you want, Stevo, I'll tell you you're a moron, without you having to send me your licence :)

I presume they are asking for it as proof of ID. Just check with them again some finance companies accept just the card part. Failing that, I'm sure they will accept utility bills dated within the last 90 days.

Â