Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

5 goals and 2 assists for what its worth. Oh and yes, he is 6ft 2in and known for strength and a good leap. Personally I dont think we need anymore of those.

Edited by samjp26

5 goals and 2 assists for what its worth. Oh and yes, he is 6ft 2in and known for strength and a good leap. Personally I dont think we need anymore of those.

Where is this information from?
Italian press (http://m.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/latina-jefferson-ai-saluti-quattro-richieste-finora-c-e-anche-il-chievo-566248) Bham Mail have picked up on it now:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-rumour-mill-paul-7298271

Was reported nearly 2 weeks ago in Italy but I can't find the link right now.

Edited by samjp26

Could be worse, could be Shola Amobi on a free.

Don't know a thing about him. Could fill a gap whilst kozak and benteke get back to full fitness. I assume if we're signing someone then we're also selling someone.

Doubt his wages are much at all so probably not

Lescott has signed for Albion.

Good signing for them

Where is this information from?
Italian press (http://m.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/latina-jefferson-ai-saluti-quattro-richieste-finora-c-e-anche-il-chievo-566248) Bham Mail have picked up on it now:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-rumour-mill-paul-7298271

Was reported nearly 2 weeks ago in Italy but I can't find the link right now.

Ahhhh, Latina, what a story that is, stadium might hold 8000 when full, come through the leagues, just amazing they have got to serie A. I woudl expect all the wheels to fall off the wagon though, especially if they lose Jefferson. They will now have to play in Rome I would think, they won't be able to use their stadium in serie A. So not sure how many will make the trek into town to watch them either.

Not since Jefferson play but heard lots of good stuff about him. Telling none of the bigger clubs are in for him though I think.

On the topic of Lescott, apparently the deal we offered him was laughable and his agent couldn't believe it. So sad seeing us become a joke of club.

link?

Twitter mate, can't find the exact one I saw but see below

Villa interested in Lescott, yet he goes to WBA seemingly so easily. That should really worry @avfc fans #wba

Expand

#avfc unable/unwilling to offer wages Lescott wanted, which weren't astronomical.

Expand
  •  

•  
Edited by samjp26

On the topic of Lescott, apparently the deal we offered him was laughable and his agent couldn't believe it. So sad seeing us become a joke of club.

link?

Twitter mate, can't find the exact one I saw but see below

Villa interested in Lescott, yet he goes to WBA seemingly so easily. That should really worry @avfc fans #wba

Expand

#avfc unable/unwilling to offer wages Lescott wanted, which weren't astronomical.

Expand
  •  

•  

I'm about as negative about our club as anyone, but I wouldn't put too much credence behind Twitter rumours. I also don't think Lescott would have been worth whatever Albion are prepared to pay him - so long, that is, as we keep Vlaar and get him to sign a new contract. 

• Like 1

The thing with what people believe we offered Lescott, wouldn't the first point of discussion with Lescott be, how much do you want. So if Lescott come in and said I want 50k, Villa knowing their budget would just walk away, why would they make an offer. It's a bit of point scoring for journo's to create a bit more of a story than there is.

• Like 1

Lescott = Senderos

Same level of player so if one is cheaper then great we'll have that one and the boogies can pay twice as much.

Plus I hope Senderos is cover for Vlaar and Okore not first choice? Lescott is arrogant enough to think he is a first choice player.

Lescott = Senderos

Same level of player so if one is cheaper then great we'll have that one and the boogies can pay twice as much.

Plus I hope Senderos is cover for Vlaar and Okore not first choice? Lescott is arrogant enough to think he is a first choice player.

Senderos and Lescott the same level of player?

Name me a club Senderos has played for that rates him, Wolves, Everton and even Citeh fans love Lescott.

It doesn't necessarily make us a joke club. Maybe we just don't value Lescott as highly as his agent does? I certainly don't think he's that good.