Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Belhanda is available again. He wants a move to England. says he had no offers from England last year. :P

He has put out feelers for Newcastle this time. They're more likely to go in for him IMO, although he is still a very good player/prospect, he comes across as a bit of a tool after he said we were in for him last summer. He also said the only reason he went to Kiev was because nobody else came in for him, which is a bit disrespectful to his current club. 

A good player who would certainly improve our team in terms of footballing quality, but he'd be off in a flash the following summer if he played well. Benteke-esque I guess.

What I would like to see

GK 1st Guzan. 2nd Steer

RB. 1st New player 2nd. Lowton

LB. 1st. Bertrand 2nd. Bennett

CB. 1st. Vlaar. 2nd. New player

CB. 1st. Okore. 2nd. Clark

DCM. 1st. Delph. 2nd. Westwood

DCM. 1st. New player. 2nd. KEA

AML. 1st. New player 2nd. Gabby. 3rd. Albrighton

AMC. 1st. New player. 2nd. Helenius

AMR. 1st. New player. 2nd. Bacuna. 3rd. Albrighton

FC. 1st. Benteke. 2nd. Kozak

Tell Baker, Weimann, Bowery, Sylla, Luna, Tonev, Herd, Delfouneso, Bent, Hutton and Zogbia to all hire a coach and drive off a cliff.

Midfield is key, if we can get a few million for the brainless deadbeats on the list above and Lerner lets Lambert transform our midfield then our fortunes will improve next season.

It's gonna take about 25-30 million Lerner.

Do it.

Seems about right. I'd send tonev and sylla on loan though. Still think they might improve if they play a full season as regular starters

Belhanda is available again. He wants a move to England. says he had no offers from England last year. :P

He has put out feelers for Newcastle this time. They're more likely to go in for him IMO, although he is still a very good player/prospect, he comes across as a bit of a tool after he said we were in for him last summer. He also said the only reason he went to Kiev was because nobody else came in for him, which is a bit disrespectful to his current club. 

A good player who would certainly improve our team in terms of footballing quality, but he'd be off in a flash the following summer if he played well. Benteke-esque I guess.

Can't blame him for wanting out of Kiev to be fair. I can think of a few places I'd rather live

For how long is Darren Bent contracted to us? To put it mildly, after this season he hasn't exactly made his stock rise a whole lot. Taking him back and also loaning Ba makes little sense, at least for our accountants. Also, what happened to Bent was that he lost confidence and motivation and basically became a different player when Lambert froze him out. The same must have happened with Ba, he was a poacher for a team set around him but since then he has like five goals in 18 months. I would stay away from him to be honest. Darren Bent will still "only" be 30 years when he returns next season, Demba Ba will be 29 in May. Let's not forget Demba Ba never went close to scoring as many goals as Bent in his most prolific season for Newcastle. When players like these don't play you seldom return to your former self, it happens with a lot of good players.

Can't blame him for wanting out of Kiev to be fair. I can think of a few places I'd rather live

Very valid point. He's scored 6 and has 4 assists this campaign, as I say, still think he would be a great addition.

What I would like to see

GK 1st Guzan. 2nd Steer

RB. 1st New player 2nd. Lowton

LB. 1st. Bertrand 2nd. Bennett

CB. 1st. Vlaar. 2nd. New player

CB. 1st. Okore. 2nd. Clark

DCM. 1st. Delph. 2nd. Westwood

DCM. 1st. New player. 2nd. KEA

AML. 1st. New player 2nd. Gabby. 3rd. Albrighton

AMC. 1st. New player. 2nd. Helenius

AMR. 1st. New player. 2nd. Bacuna. 3rd. Albrighton

FC. 1st. Benteke. 2nd. Kozak

Tell Baker, Weimann, Bowery, Sylla, Luna, Tonev, Herd, Delfouneso, Bent, Hutton and Zogbia to all hire a coach and drive off a cliff.

Midfield is key, if we can get a few million for the brainless deadbeats on the list above and Lerner lets Lambert transform our midfield then our fortunes will improve next season.

It's gonna take about 25-30 million Lerner.

Do it.

Seems about right. I'd send tonev and sylla on loan though. Still think they might improve if they play a full season as regular starters

We should keep Luna, Sylla and tonev the rest can do what u said^ Realistically only Hutton, given & bent can be expected to leave. All the players lambert has brought won't be goin anywhere. They are decent squad fillers but nothing more at the moment. To avoid having the season we had last 4 years running we have to buy 2 certified quality midfielders. My picks would be 2 of :

Capoue - lost in the amount of cm bulk brought at spurs doubt he wants to go back to France

Chalobah - name one player who has come through chelsea youth set up to be a regular?.... Rest my case

Holtby - lost in the amount of cm bulk brought at spurs doubt he would prefer Fulham over villa

Dembele - lost in the amount of cm bulk brought at spurs, previous at Fulham and I don't see no better offers coming in for him

Mvila - bit of a wild card but if shows what he can do at villa could earn himself a move to a champions league club

Capoue - Wages.

Holtby - Wages (PL looked at him in Jan)

Dembele - Wages

Chalobah - Wages again, you would be surprised but he is paid quite a bit at Chelsea.

M'Vila - Again wages.

I honestly think unless we get new owners the players above do not fit into the plan of AVFC, buy cheap and hope one of them turns out to be good.

In all seriousness, where does the TV money actually go?

It pays off poor managers contracts. It pays the wages of the numerous useless players we have.

Well from the figures reported it should at least be able to pay the wages of numerous slightly less useless players.

Capoue - Wages.

Dembele - Wages

Chalobah - Wages again, you would be surprised but he is paid quite a bit at Chelsea.

M'Vila - Again wages.

I honestly think unless we get new owners the players above do not fit into the plan of AVFC, buy cheap and hope one of them turns out to be good.

I don't know exact figures but google sez

Bent 65k

Nzogbia 65k

Given 55k

Hutton 30k

Delfouenso 10k

Bowery 8k

Mvila 57k

Capoue 20k

Holtby 67

Dembele 76

Chalobah 30k

233k is enough for 4 top quality players around the 50-80k mark

Capoue - Wages.

Dembele - Wages

M'Vila - Again wages.

Bent 65k

Nzogbia 65k

Given 55k

Hutton 30k

Delfouenso 10k

Bowery 8k

Mvila 57k

Capoue 20k

Holtby 67

Dembele 76

Chalobah 30k

I don't share your optimism that we can offload Bent, Given, Hutton, N'Zogbia and Fonz. N'Zogbia if he regains match fitness then yes and Bent would be snapped up if we lowered the asking price enough.

The rest we'd be very lucky to give them away with the contracts they're on.

Capoue - Wages.

Dembele - Wages

M'Vila - Again wages.

Bent 65k

Nzogbia 65k

Given 55k

Hutton 30k

Delfouenso 10k

Bowery 8k

Mvila 57k

Capoue 20k

Holtby 67

Dembele 76

Chalobah 30k

I don't share your optimism that we can offload Bent, Given, Hutton, N'Zogbia and Fonz. N'Zogbia if he regains match fitness then yes and Bent would be snapped up if we lowered the asking price enough.

That's fair enuff but the wages argument kinda falls short. We don't have to reallocate the who wages but we can still afford to re invest in quality players for the team Edited by dakid007

He is out of contract in the summer so it shouldn't be that difficult ;)

• Like 1

That's fair enuff but the wages argument kinda falls short

It may fall short if we could shift those players but until we do I think it's a moot point.

We won't just hand out more massive contracts just because we're already paying big wages to worse players. It isn't 2008.

He is out of contract in the summer so it shouldn't be that difficult ;)

Best news I've heard all day.

I see Carlos Cuellar, Craig Gardner and Phil Bardsley are all available on frees at the end of the season if we want to welcome back a few old faces. Sebastian Larsson also available.