Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I don't how highly regarded he is but Bolasie from Palace has looked quite good the few times I've seen him.

I like the look of him, would probably go for 7m+ though. Not sure we would budget for that.

It'll be: Bertrand 7m, midfielder 6m, striker 7m.

• Like 1

I don't how highly regarded he is but Bolasie from Palace has looked quite good the few times I've seen him.

He is apparently attracting interest from a lot of clubs. Certainly played very well against us.

I like the look of him, would probably go for 7m+ though. Not sure we would budget for that.

It'll be: Bertrand 7m, midfielder 6m, striker 7m.

I really hope we don't cough up £7m for Bertrand.

• Like 3

I'm not holding my breath on Randy splashing out big and If we do sign players for bigger transfers then I think they'll most probably come from leagues where they aren't used to high wages or at least not Premier league levels.

He is apparently attracting interest from a lot of clubs. Certainly played very well against us.

I remember seeing him in the Championship and he looked good I had a look up online and some of the Palace fans seemed to think he might end up being better than Zaha, I wasn't sure if they were just saying that out of wishful thinking though because they knew Zaha was going to Man Utd.

Useless - Randy can't splash out on players because of FFP rules don't expect more than 15 to 25m

Don't worry I'm not expecting more than that I think maybe we'll go for one player a creative midfielder for around 5 million and then the rest will be bargain basement buys. Of course that's just a guess though.

I've said it about 50 times now but if Lambert doesn't get that money Lerner will lose his support and if Lambert doesn't spend it on fewer players of higher quality than previous window he will lose his support.

The summer is key.

• Like 3

Useless - Randy can't splash out on players because of FFP rules don't expect more than 15 to 25m

Don't worry I'm not expecting more than that I think maybe we'll go for one player a creative midfielder for around 5 million and then the rest will be bargain basement buys. Of course that's just a guess though.

A few people keep saying this but it makes no sense. We have no reason to go for bargain basement signings anymore as we already have those. I see no reason why we wouldn't/couldn't get 3 decent players for 20-25 mill. On a side not, look at the way Juventus has done business and you'll see that not all players should be judged based on an inflated monetary value. It is possible to get good deals for good players.

I remember seeing him in the Championship and he looked good I had a look up online and some of the Palace fans seemed to think he might end up being better than Zaha, I wasn't sure if they were just saying that out of wishful thinking though because they knew Zaha was going to Man Utd.

A Palace STH I know has been telling me for the last 2 years that Bolasie is better than Zaha.

• Like 1

A few people keep saying this but it makes no sense. We have no reason to go for bargain basement signings anymore as we already have those. I see no reason why we wouldn't/couldn't get 3 decent players for 20-25 mill. On a side not, look at the way Juventus has done business and you'll see that not all players should be judged based on an inflated monetary value. It is possible to get good deals for good players.

The only reason I could think of is Randy wants out and will spend as little as possible just enough to keep us in the division until he finds a buyer.

But hopefully Lambert can convince him to release a sufficient amount though, with 25 million not too thinly spread out I'm sure he could do a lot but to improve us but with just three players I think they'll have to be really wise buys.

I think Jason Puncheon at Palace would be a good replacement for Weimann.

replace a 22-year-old improving prospect who has 3 goals and 4 assists this season for a 27-year-old with 3 goals and 1 assist?

you underrate Weimann and overrate Puncheon.

• Like 2

I'll add another voice to those who would be happy with Moses. I wanted him when Palace were to sell and I thought he developed into a good player at Wigan. Obviously the step to Chelsea wasn't a particularly wise one and was a premature leap in his progression. He has the attributes that the manager confesses to look for in a player but he also has a bit of skill and quality too. Would fit in seemlessly to the current system.

• Like 2