We buy/want any car.com

mottaloo

Anybody have experience of the above ? Am thinking of using them just to get rid of my old megane which wouldn't get feck all in part ex for a newer one and I just can't be bothered with private selling.

I don't know but I get the impression that they might be jokers, just from the annoying adverts.

Comments welcome, thanks.

I've used it, they were great actually, despite my skepticism.

The money they offered me was what I'd have expected.

Ditto. Used them 2 years ago and fair price and good service.

I used we buy any car. Com

Bought my first ever car from a private seller in November, it got towed away on my first day of ownership, broke down practically every day afterwards for 2 weeks and the seller wanted nothing to do with me, said it was fine when he had it. (Of course...)

Following numerous repair bills and no resolve, I decided it was time to cut my losses and sell it to webuyanycar as I didn't want to pass a problematic car onto an end user and budget meant I couldn't part ex.

Got a quote online, half what I paid (to be expected I suppose) and booked an appointment.

Got a call from them an hour later, my car had outstanding finance and they wouldn't buy it.

So it turns out they don't buy any car....

I had been sold a car with a fuckload of problems & after all the money I plowed into it; I now realised I didn't technically even own it too. Ace.

Not really a webuyanycar story, but I feel better for sharing.

PS. The car and I are now fine.

Heard a lot of stories of them offering an amount online then finding 'issues' with the car when they inspect it to bring the price down and then them attempting to pressure you into the lower offer.

Not in my first hand experience

Ok, for a bit more detail for the OP.

We sold a 08 Vauxhall Corsa - If we sold it private - we'd have got about £3,000, maybe £3,250?

We got £2,600 for it from webuyanycar after they quoted up £2,900.

The car itself was in okay condition - apart from when the Air conditioning was on, it made a really weird noise when pulling off in 1st gear. And the engine light was on because of it.

We called them, booked an appointment the next day at a time of our convenience, and I took it in.

They have a little tick sheet which when they look at the car body (a pretty detailed inspection to be honest) they look for little scratches or bumps (individually listed).

The guy told me that our car had less than 5 of each - which is the first bracket (1-5), so it was listed as very good condition.

They then turn the engine on, floor the pedal to make sure there's no black smoke coming out the back and then look inside the car.

They look in the boot for your wheel etc.

They then drive it back and forward on their car park, and check the gears go into gear nicely.

So, we had a couple of bumps and a couple of scratches - all general wear and tear - and I they knocked off £300 for them, which I thought was fine.

You can pay £40 to have the money in your bank by the next day, or you can wait for 5 working days and it'll be there.

Fill in a couple of forms, give them your cars V14 (I think), sign a couple of items and bob's your uncle - car sold.

Took about 1 hour from start to finish - The guys were nice, professional and respectful.

I thought they gave a solid service.  Yeah, I suppose the extra £400 would have been nice, but I've sold a car privately before and had problems with time wasters and people that want to test drive it and arse around for an hour - so i suppose the speed of service was definitely worth that difference.

Hope that helps :)

I'm slightly tempted to do this myself. What car valuations says mine is worth £5200 private sale or £4200 part-ex. My experience of px'ing a motor is that they do try to get away with blue murder so if I could get halfway between the two prices by going with one of these online people, I think I'd be mad not to.

Does anyone have experience using a chip and dent man though? I've a few nicks in the paintwork and wonder if it's worth paying someone a few quid to fix them up beforehand so as not to give them an excuse to mark the car down. Other than those few minor chips (and the 85,000 on the clock) it's still just like new.

Heard a lot of stories of them offering an amount online then finding 'issues' with the car when they inspect it to bring the price down and then them attempting to pressure you into the lower offer.

Not in my first hand experience

That's fair enough, but it's not everyone's experience. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/we-buy-any-car-for-less-211015

Anyway if you're not particularly going out of your way then it's worth at least going and seeing them, just be prepared for them to try and knock some money off what they originally quote you.

Got the full online quote for mine when I took it in.

Some of them may well try and knock you down a bit (though they didn't in my case), but if you haven't lied on the online form, then stick to your guns and they'll give you a decent deal. If not, tell them to do one and sell it privately (you're under no obligation to sell to them)

Don't they just franchise it out to local dealers ?

they use a dealership up the road from me who have a reputation as being very pushy and crooks , so I would imagine anyone in my area would say they'd had a bad experience  , where as someone 40 miles away might say something completely different  ...

Got the full online quote for mine when I took it in.

Some of them may well try and knock you down a bit (though they didn't in my case), but if you haven't lied on the online form, then stick to your guns and they'll give you a decent deal. If not, tell them to do one and sell it privately (you're under no obligation to sell to them)

Jon's right, you've got nothing to lose by seeing how it goes.

Â