South Park Stick Of Truth

vandaq

It's only console versions that are censored, as they are the versions more likely to be picked up by kids. The PC version is untouched, I think.

PC is uncensored, but that's not the reason at all. Steam makes it incredibly easy and cheap to distribute slightly modified versions of the game on a country by country basis. Consoles don't. Manufacturing different versions of the disk for just one country is a pain in the arse and increases costs, so everyone pays for Germany's ridiculous ratings system. First they invade Poland, and now this.

I always thought it was America that was prude and way over the top with censorship.

Oddly, Australia are the worst offenders when it comes to video games.

After a lot of polling and petitions, the Government finally brings in a R18 rating for games - and we still get stuff censored. 

Edited by Ghost

Even with the stupid censorship, I'm really looking forward to playing this next weekend. It's about time we had a South Park game that was any good.

However, despite the fact that it was a bit shit, the South Park game on the N64 still had me in stitches. I have fond memories of playing multiplayer with my mates using Terrence and Philip dolls to gas people to death and the Cow Launcher.

Someone on Neogaf said 8 hours plus cut scenes. Review embargo is up tomorrow- few reviewers have hinted that the reviews are going to be positive and if you are a south park fan then the game is a must.

Im getting it- but maybe after dark souls 2. Unless I cave... but I don't have enough time for both :-(

8 hours is shocking if true, it's a turn based RPG!

It's South Park though, any longer and I think it'll start to grate for even the biggest fans, as even though I love south park, you're likely to see the same jokes and animations quite a lot of times, which will probably begin to annoy you and get boring if it went on for say 15 hours.

Also, I doubt the world will be very big, as it looks like you can only explore south park itself, so it's not going to take the time it takes games like Skyrim as travel won't be an hour of exploring and sidetracking.

All I want it to be is more like an interactive 2nd movie, and it looks like it could well be that.

All I want it to be is more like an interactive 2nd movie, and it looks like it could well be that.

Seems like you're in luck. Fantastic as an interactive South Park episode, mediocre as an RPG is the feeling I get reading reviews so far. I'll check it out but probably wait for the price to drop a bit.

Â