South Park Stick Of Truth

vandaq

Anyone looking forward to this? Launch 3-7 march.

RPG made by Obsidian(last game was New Vegas) 

It`s supposedly very big, yet I do wonder how it plays out considering you move in a 2D perspective. Would think that it will be very linear but we will see how it plays out. 

I really used to love this show, and while it has gone a bit downhill it still looks like very fun, and the absolute perfect video game of what a South Park game could be. Really hope it`s pretty full fledged rpg and goes all out with it. It really looks like they will do that but you never know until you play it yourself.

Here is a gameplay video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3VUcXEASo0

• Like 3

Been looking forward to this for a while.  I saw in a recent interview how they had to lay out the whole town.  How do you get from Kyle to Stan's house?  Obviously they'd never done this before as it would have previously been done in a change of shot.

Like the way they took the piss out of the numerous delays and hold ups on a recent episode.

• 2 weeks later...

First 13 minutes, looks great! Still fear its gonna be a short ride, but the execution is perfect. Gotta laugh at the comments I see thrown around where people say it looks like a mobile game, like really? Would be pretty ridiculous if they made it in 3D like some gimped elder scrolls game. Can`t wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w0cakO78u8

Could you imagine Stick of Truth on the next gen systems.

It would be a graphical behemoth.

Well it's on PC, so you don't need to imagine. Just turn the graphics settings down a bit, and use a mediocre graphics card and you'll get an authentic 'next gen' experience. :)

Snark aside, it looks exactly like South Park, it's fantastic that they can now make the game look exactly like the show. In 10 years time with even more powerful hardware, this is still exactly how they'll want it to look.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

It's been cut in Europe. And Asia. And Africa. OK yeah, basically everywhere outside of America. The cuts are, confirmed via press release;

• A mini-game in which the doctor is performing an abortion on the player.
  • A mini-game in which the player is performing an abortion on the character Randy.
  • Five anal probing scenes involving someone actively being probed. The scenes play out as normal before and after the active probing sequences.

Instead of seeing that, what happens is a ‘censored scene is replaced by an image background and a description text selected by Matt & Trey’

:crylaugh:

Edited by hogso

It is being reported for consoles only, some are "confirming" that the pc version is untouched...for the most parts. I am sure some countries also cut things in those as well but could be good news for pc owners.

On another note, Pewdiepie(yes that I actually has to write his name and basically advertise for him sickens me) but he is the only one who has the game now(marketing) but he has uploaded 3 videos. I just muted them and skimmed through. It looks really good. It`s also full off references and what not, very detailed so I wouldn`t check it out unless you really have too.

My only concern is still the length, I don`t like my RPG`s short :/

Disappointed in the censorship, I mean Jesus... the Americans think us Europeans are the batshit crazy ones. We're the ones who created stuff like The Serbian Film for crying out loud! We've been around the block a few centuries more than America has, you don't think we've been there and done that with the really dark stuff? Freaking stupid.

Â