South Park Stick Of Truth

vandaq

Where did you get it from for that price?

https://www.gamekeysnow.com/keys/South-Park:-The-Stick-of-Truth

Found it via Hotukdeals.  Never heard of the site before, but they accept PayPal so I didn't even have to enter credit card details.  Got the CD code within a minute of paying. 

• Like 1

I'm about 7 hours in and in two minds at the moment. It's often hilarious, really enjoying the story, but the combat is trivial and way too repetitive, and I find the all too frequent button-mashing mini games irritating as ****.

Edited by Davkaus

Is it turn based?

I hate that style of combat in games. Still willing to give this a go as I'm a big South Park Fan, I've just never understood why that style of combat is so popular.

It is turn based with very basic real time elements each turn (just timing your clicking to block/attack when something shines). If you're a South Park fan I think you'll like it despite the actual gameplay, which is pretty poor. It'd have been fantastic as a film or 3/4 part episode, the story is good enough to carry the rest of the game.

I quite like classic turn based combat - something like Might and Magic X for example which has no realtime elements at all, it's a nice relaxing change of pace from frantic button mashing.

Yeah it's more about the South Park experience than the actual game play but I think it's great for what it is.  The references, all the items you can collect from past episodes and the songs that play from throughout the series.

It's also a really great take on typical RPG's.

I quite like the battle system. It's not the most in depth or difficult but it makes up for that with humour and throwing a bit of timing into the mix. I quite like my JRPGs though, so I enjoy a good old turn-based battle. It's more tactical and when you come up against a really hard boss and lose, going out to grind for a bit or thinking of a new strategy to come back and beat him is incredibly rewarding.

Anyone had trouble with theirs freezing on PS3?  Mine froze a few times yesterday and I absolutely can't get past the bit where Cartman teaches you to cup and throw your fart.

Is there a patch or an upgrade available?  Hopefully that would fix it although I am the only person in the world that isn't allowed Internet at the moment.

Edited by Wainy316

I'm passed that part and playing on PS3. No issues of freezing for me but there are some pretty severe framerate issues when switching between areas in the town. Al Gore's storage unit is a particularly bad place for framerate slowing down. Maybe it's all the ManBearPig machinery he's got crammed in there.

Edited by Ginko

Oh, you control the fart itself, when you let it go you can decide where to "explode" it. I find it tricky myself but the buttons are correct, it just doesn`t tell you exactly what to do. First time you are supposed to let the fart go on randy if I remember correctly. I struggled with it myself and got mad but it felt even worse when I actually did it because it was quite simple.

Those parts of the game was a let down imo, I never liked that kinda stuff because mechanics like that doesn`t do anything for me, it`s like a gimmick, just ingame.

I did struggle a little with that bit myself and it took a few goes. The instructions aren't incorrect but they're not all that clear either. Keep at it and you'll get it eventually, either that or look online somewhere.

Â