Midweek football 28/29 Jan

andykeenan

Sturridge is a really confident finisher at the moment

Bodes well for England. Him and Rooney upfront will be a handful for any defense.

Yep especially if Rooney can play the Suarez role.

Woy needs to get him into an intense racism and cannibalism course post haste.

• Like 2

Howard had a pretty good game at Villa tbf! 

Looks like the wheels are falling off for Everton a bit. Good time for us to play them! Arsenal have been very poor first half. No pace without Walcott and no adventure without ramsey.

He's not horrible, but he's much more error prone than Guzan and not as good a shot stopper. He's stilllgood at penalties though, which was shown at Villa.

Everton with 55% possession, for those who hang everything on that particular stat...

Howard had a pretty good game at Villa tbf! 

Looks like the wheels are falling off for Everton a bit. Good time for us to play them! Arsenal have been very poor first half. No pace without Walcott and no adventure without ramsey.

He's not horrible, but he's much more error prone than Guzan and not as good a shot stopper. He's stilllgood at penalties though, which was shown at Villa.

Ditched the beard. Schoolboy error!

Also, why can't Martinez's sides defend?

He never bothered at Wigan.

But BEST MANAGER EVER!!!

This is exactly what I've been saying about Martinez. People look at style and listen to his positive interviews, and ignore the fact that his sides can't defend and Everton's "success" is highly reliant on high price short term solutions.

Barry having a bit of a mare.  He lost Gerard for the first goal and in the process took out Lukaku, then he had a shot that went out for a throw and he then gave the ball away for the second goal.  At least he gave Suarez a good rattle  :D

There's a decent chance that Benteke may now be Belgiums number one at the World Cup now, if the ligaments are torn Lukaku probably won't be back in time

Also, why can't Martinez's sides defend?

Everton had the best defense in the league for a while didn't they? After Spurs got thrashed a couple of times. 

Possibly, I'm more thinking about his Wigan side I guess.

Ashley Young with a great strike for Yanited.

2-0. No comedy tonight, but keeps points away from Cardiff I guess.

Ashley Young pffttttt

Raised his game tonight. Set up the first and scored a lovely goal.

Swansea 1-0 up against Fulham now.

Â