Superbowl XLVIII

Tegis

Superbowl XLVIII  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the superbowl?

• Denver Broncos
    • Seattle Seahawks

I was listening to a US radio commentary last night. Those poor feckers have to commentate on the game AND advertise anything from fast food to car batteries. Then every time plays stops its more ads. Drives ya nuts

Bad weather will favor Seattle...Manning is really locked in though, so if weather is not a factor, it should be a very close game.

I just hope it's a good one.

Seattle 24 Denver 23

I was listening to a US radio commentary last night. Those poor feckers have to commentate on the game AND advertise anything from fast food to car batteries. Then every time plays stops its more ads. Drives ya nuts

The ads are so infuriating, I sometimes don't even bother watching some games that I'd like to watch. (Regular season)

So the books opened at pick-em and the early money has been pretty solidly on the Broncos, it's up to Broncos -2.5 at most places.

My model says:

DEN v SEA
DEN v SEA: SEA -2.27, O/U 54.70, 55.0% of winning (28.48 - 26.21)
Ultimately, I have a lot more confidence in the Seahawk offense than I have in the Bronco defense.

Super Bowls can be weird. I remember the 2006 Colts and 2011 Giants having particularly awful defenses, but they both showed up in the game it mattered.

It's really tough to call, if I had to put my money on it I might slightly go with the Broncos, but even then it's basically a coin flip.

Â