Grant Holt

samjp26

Lambert has been quoted in saying it was a no brainer signing Holt. Not sure what he means by this??

he was signed by somebody without a brain??
I can't imagine Kevin Bacon using the line " Signing Grant Holt from Wigan Athletic? Or a player that isnt fat and shit? No brainer" on his next EE advert. Edited by sonic_bouma

Lambert has been quoted in saying it was a no brainer signing Holt.   Not sure what he means by this??

he was signed by somebody without a brain??

Its kinda what I thought, a strange comment this?  I mean a no brainer would be like, " Xavi on a cheap 6 month loan"

Weirdly, I think this is Lambert wanting to play a better style of football.

I think he wants players in the backroom and on the pitch who played with him at Norwich, so he can help make us transition from quick counter attack only to playing in a style more reminiscent of his Norwich. Plus, if you're going to sign a player for an off the field impact (and I subscribe to Carregher and Neville's theories that this is why he was brought in), it's not a bad shout signing one you know well.

• Like 1

Proof was second half at Arsenal, we can play that way, I just think Lambert does't trust the team.............Yet!

And remember the same time last year against Newcastle (lots of similarities) - 2nd half we passed them off the park but failed to equalise. At that time Benteke had also scored 6 in 16 - scored against Newcastle and we started believing (as well as a change of formation).

What about the first 70 mins against Everton at home - arguably the best we have played. We passed the ball around well then too. 

Proof was second half at Arsenal, we can play that way, I just think Lambert does't trust the team.............Yet!

And remember the same time last year against Newcastle (lots of similarities) - 2nd half we passed them off the park but failed to equalise. At that time Benteke had also scored 6 in 16 - scored against Newcastle and we started believing (as well as a change of formation).

What about the first 70 mins against Everton at home - arguably the best we have played. We passed the ball around well then too. 

Dont forget Sunderland last season,(smashed) Arsenal, Man City this season. We have seen the football, its down to tactics not the ability. Not saying they have the skills to pass Arsenal off the pitch, but they can play this way, Just Lambert Dont!!!

Arsenal didnt come out for the second half

His Norwich team were predominantly a counter attacking team and their is nothing wrong with that. We just have no style.

He was given time to build that side up.

they were bloody terrible to watch too

His Norwich team were predominantly a counter attacking team and their is nothing wrong with that. We just have no style.

They got results.

They got results.

we get results from time to time, however its the most eye wateringly crap football I have ever witnessed on a consistant basis since the mid 80's.  Lamberts style of play and tactics are straight out of the 1980's so its hardly a shock. Every team he as managed plays shite football, given this seasons signings of Kozak and Grant and the fact he has not bought in any midfielders suggest were going to have to sit through another 3 and a half years of this shite he sticks around for this 5 year plan

• Like 1

Â