New Manager

Mendi

So Stan James has Di Matteo at 6/4 to be next Villa Manager whilst Bet Victor have Dennis Wise at 6/1,

So what does this say about Stan James?

It says they would like to take as many Villa fans money now without having to pay out on it in a very very long time. Good interest for them...  on top of the fact that whoever is favorite now will probably be unavailable when Lambert does eventually leave.

Good business sense from Stan James and if anyone actually places a bet then they are a little foolish.

This thread is highly lockable, if only for the fact that we have a manager, who has probably split fanbase 40/60 and doesn't look like he's going to be sacked. Which means the rest of the thread as it stands is going to be discussing odds by the looks of things. Yawn!

Yeah none of these suggestions convince me we'd be any better off with them in charge.

if we change, we change in the summer. Let's see how the transfer window goes and where we finish in January.

John Gregory. He would give these chumps a kick up the arse, and he's one of us.

Current record at Crawley is W2 D2 L1. That includes an away win against Orient who are third and who'd only lost one at home before that game.

Please say he's rediscovered his magic and gets Crawley promoted. A good season in the Championship after that, maybe getting them amongst the play off places, would be enough to convince me that we should have him back.

John Gregory. He would give these chumps a kick up the arse, and he's one of us.

Current record at Crawley is W2 D2 L1. That includes an away win against Orient who are third and who'd only lost one at home before that game.

Please say he's rediscovered his magic and gets Crawley promoted. A good season in the Championship after that, maybe getting them amongst the play off places, would be enough to convince me that we should have him back.

I'd have him back anyway.  It's been too long.

........if he's improved his man management skills! 

Nobody should ever go back!

I don't want Lambert sacked just yet as I want to give him one more transfer window to see with wages down who he's going to bring in?

However hypothetically speaking if results and performances didn't improve several games after the window closing then my choice would be Steve McClaren.

• Like 1

So Stan James has Di Matteo at 6/4 to be next Villa Manager whilst Bet Victor have Dennis Wise at 6/1,

It says they would like to take as many Villa fans money now without having to pay out on it in a very very long time. Good interest for them...  on top of the fact that whoever is favorite now will probably be unavailable when Lambert does eventually leave.

Good business sense from Stan James and if anyone actually places a bet then they are a little foolish.

You do realize - that those stan james odds aren't the current odds on the next villa manager ? - its an old page from when Mcleish was sacked.... 

• Like 1

Di Matteo is dreadful.

A manager who won the champions league playing ultra defensive football, that was with 30m rated players!

Against two far superior teams in Barcalona and Bayern though.

They were the luckiest team to ever win it. Absolutely dominated in every match from the quarters onwards and fluked past every team... Robben missing penalties, penalty shoot-outs. The lot.

Who was the manager of Greece at Euro 2004? Perhaps we should just bring him in?

You do realize - that those stan james odds aren't the current odds on the next villa manager ? - its an old page from when Mcleish was sacked.... 

Confused? What's an old page? This is a new topic?

Edited by AstonMartin82

Confused? What's an old page? This is a new topic?

The odds being referred to are from a web page that hasn't been updated. You will see that Mark Hughes and Martinez are listed among st the odds ......