New Manager

Mendi

In terms of the later realms of the champions league, then yes they are unfashionable.

We will just have to agree to disagree here. Just be prepared to be disappointed if Lambert does leave, if this is the calibre you are thinking Learner will be looking at.

Oh so you just mean that they weren't expected to reach the semis of the UCL. That's hardly makes you an 'unfashionable' club but whatever.

Also as I said but you have chosen to ignore, if he is a realistic target for West Bromwich Albion, he is a viable target for this club.

You are making yourself look a little foolish now.

Oh I see the 'realistic target' for West Brom who turned them down after being offered the job.

Ill ignore the insult!

In terms of the later realms of the champions league, then yes they are unfashionable.

We will just have to agree to disagree here. Just be prepared to be disappointed if Lambert does leave, if this is the calibre you are thinking Learner will be looking at.

Oh so you just mean that they weren't expected to reach the semis of the UCL. That's hardly makes you an 'unfashionable' club but whatever.

Also as I said but you have chosen to ignore, if he is a realistic target for West Bromwich Albion, he is a viable target for this club.

You are making yourself look a little foolish now.

Oh I see the 'realistic target' for West Brom who turned them down after being offered the job.

Ill ignore the insult!

After careful consideration, Ralf Rangnick has decided to decline the offer presented to him by Premier League club West Bromwich Albion," Mintzlaff told Spox.

The fact he held talks and gave it serious consideration doesn't back up your argument in case you didn't realise. If he was so 'unrealistic' and one of 'Europe's top-tier coaches' he would have dismissed any initial contact on the spot.

Secondly, I wouldn't say that was an insult really. Claiming that Schalke are an 'unfashionable club' is a foolish and ignorant comment. There is no two ways about it.

• Like 1

I said they were unfashionable only in terms of being expected to reach the later stages of the champions league, which they were and still are.

You are evading the point that you raised.  If he turned down another Premier club, that would have presumably offered him a relatively decent war chest, what would give you the opinion he would agree to us?

Edited by Nigel

I said they were unfashionable only in terms of being expected to reach the later stages of the champions league, which they were and still are.

You are evading the point that you actually raised, if he turned down another Premier club, that would have presumably offered him a relatively decent war chest, what would give you the opinion he would agree to us?

West Brom offered a decent war-chest?! That's it, I'm out... :D

You really need to read things slowly before replying.

relative (ˈrɛlətɪv) —adj (foll by to) 1. having meaning or significance only in relation to something else; not absolute: a relative value

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

You really need to read things slowly before replying.

relative (ˈrɛlətɪv) —adj (foll by to) 1. having meaning or significance only in relation to something else; not absolute: a relative value

Yet West Brom spent about £5m last season. So if that is 'relatively decent', it begs the question who's budget is it in relation to? Small Heath's?

Come on.

Victor Anichebe cost 5 million, Sessegnon more than that, but its wages that are the difference.

Do you think we could have attracted those, not to mention Anelka?

Ill spell it out...relative to us!

Come on.

Victor Anichebe cost 5 million, Sessegnon more than that, but its wages that are the difference.

Do you think we could have attracted those, not to mention Anelka?

Ill spell it out...relative to us!

Ragnick would've been appointed in 2012. So the budget of last year is surely more relevant? Clarke spent £5m last summer, so it wasn't a 'war chest' by any means. Probably why he rejected the job if anything.