New Manager

Mendi

I don't want Lambert sacked just yet as I want to give him one more transfer window to see with wages down who he's going to bring in?

However hypothetically speaking if results and performances didn't improve several games after the window closing then my choice would be Steve McClaren.

Fair play to you Morpheus, the first credible shout of a man to take over.

Im with you, Id still prefer Lambert though.

I would love someone like Bielsa...someone who would be capable of starting a revolution and at least make us interesting again rather than just plodding on just wanting to stay up every season.

Fat chance with this board so I'd keep Lambert in as I just look at the list of available managers currently and it's really uninspiring to me. What have Clarke and McKay achieved that Lambert didn't at Norwich for example.

Ralf Rangnick would be a pretty solid and wise choice. Good footballing knowledge, lots of contacts in the game and capable of building a solid foundation for any successor to build on.

Ralf Rangnick would be a pretty solid and wise choice. Good footballing knowledge, lots of contacts in the game and capable of building a solid foundation for any successor to build on.

Be serious!

You are talking about one of Europes top tier coaches.   When he does decide to come back he will head to a team that will offer resources, as will anyone with ambition.

Wasn't Ragnick a sporting director at Salzburg or somewhere recently? Hardly smacks of someone unattainable working in the Austrian league.

Yeah forgot to mention him, he's done well at a couple of Bundesliga clubs and frequently is linked with vacant premier league jobs.

Was at Schalke before that, took them to the semis of the Champions league, before he quit due to exhaustion.

If he decides to come back his signature will be highly sought.

Id say that is quite unobtainable for us.

Be serious!

You are talking about one of Europes top tier coaches.   When he does decide to come back he will head to a team that will offer resources, as will anyone with ambition.

The same guy who held talks with Smethwick to succeed Hodgson you mean?

And lets not go overboard, he is good but hardly one of 'Europe's top-tier coaches'.

Be serious!

The same guy who held talks with Smethwick to succeed Hodgson you mean?

And lets not go overboard, he is good but hardly one of 'Europe's top-tier coaches'.

Too good for what we are offering.

(...and anyone who drags an unfashionable team to where he did has to be considered one of the best.)

Yep agree with that Isa, he's been linked to WBA a few times.

I want our next appointment to be a foreign manager. It could be Dr Jo again I admit but I'd prefer the risk to yet another british manager who comes in, talks a good game and yet all we see are limited squad management and limited styles of play.

• Like 1

Any manager a realistic target is a realistic appointment for us. I don't need to expand on that.

And Schalke are an 'unfashionable team'? You clearly don't know the first thing about them...

In terms of the later realms of the champions league, then yes they are unfashionable.

We will just have to agree to disagree here.  Just be prepared to be disappointed if Lambert does leave, if this is the calibre you are thinking Learner will be looking at.

Any manager a realistic target is a realistic appointment for us. I don't need to expand on that.

And Schalke are an 'unfashionable team'? You clearly don't know the first thing about them...

Yep. 60000+ for every home game make the a perfect fit for any European Super League.

Most definitely not unfashionable.

In terms of the later realms of the champions league, then yes they are unfashionable.

We will just have to agree to disagree here. Just be prepared to be disappointed if Lambert does leave, if this is the calibre you are thinking Learner will be looking at.

Oh so you just mean that they weren't expected to reach the semis of the UCL. That's hardly makes you an 'unfashionable' club but whatever.

Also as I said but you have chosen to ignore, if he is a realistic target for West Bromwich Albion, he is a viable target for this club.

You are making yourself look a little foolish now.

Edited by Isa

Yep. 60000+ for every home game make the a perfect fit for any European Super League.

Most definitely not unfashionable.

Only Bayern have a bigger fanbase in Germany than them. A massive club, both historically and currently.