Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

They really are being stupid. Why ruin potential deals in the future? Maybe one day we'll have a player that would improve their team.

We do. It's called most of our squad.

I wasn't having a dig at our squad. I should have added maybe one day we'll have a player we're happy to sell that would improve their team.

They've always been a nothing club to me.  Nothing changes that.

Never disliked them though until the way they performed when Lambert left them to join a bigger and better club.  The way they have behaved this month merely exacerbates that.

We were entitled to compensation for our manager (which you tried to deny us) 

Not really,  he resigned.  And he had good reason to as well.

I suspect Lambert's spoken to the player, promising him first team football. The player has then slapped in a transfer request, leaving us obliged to sign the player. As someone who knows him personally, I can't imagine Lambert will want to disrupt the player then leave him high and dry at Norwich.

You know Paul Lambert?  Ask him why he left this forum.

He said he was fed up of sarcastic gits like you!  :D  ;)

• Like 1

I suspect Lambert's spoken to the player, promising him first team football. The player has then slapped in a transfer request, leaving us obliged to sign the player. As someone who knows him personally, I can't imagine Lambert will want to disrupt the player then leave him high and dry at Norwich.

You know Paul Lambert?  Ask him why he left this forum.

He said he was fed up of sarcastic gits like you!  :D  ;)

And stalkers like you  ;)

• Like 1

I tried to see what the general consensus of Norwich fans is on this situation but the only forum I could find was Pink'un, which seems to have about 10 members.

What is the biggest Norwich forum?

The one you were on

Never disliked them though until the way they performed when Lambert left them to join a bigger and better club.  The way they have behaved this month merely exacerbates that.

Well if we were not entitled to compensation then your shareholders should be having a word with your own chief exec for paying it then! Lambert manufactured his departure to move to a club he saw as the next step up the career ladder. I have no problem with him wanting to do that, just the fact that he tried to deny us the compensation we were due. Shame for him really as had he waited a bit longer rather than jump at the first chance he probably could have got himself the Spurs or Everton job where he wouldn't be scrambling around signing Holt on loan and trying to land Wes for £750K! 

Well if we were not entitled to compensation then your shareholders should be having a word with your own chief exec for paying it then! 

Paid it because we are a class club chap and he wanted to stop the whiney little annoying dog from yapping. And also because we thought it may help any future business between us.  Seems that Naaaarrrich are just too bitter, and twisted.

Edited by Richard
  • Like 1

Off topic, it's in part thanks to Norwich City that I've met my hero and I will forever be grateful to them.  :wub:

On topic, cough him up ye mustard-farmin' bastids!

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 1

Don't mind Norwich as a club or their fans. Good away trip and nice people. Really couldn't care for this Hoolahan deal though, I think he'd be a good signing but it's already had way more attention then it should. If the Norwich ITK's are true and the reasons why Norwich won't sell to us is because it means dealing with Aston Villa, but would be open to do business with other clubs then they are being truly pathetic. We should really just move on and let Norwich keep an unhappy player. 

I'm sure Naarich will be desperate to offload players come the summer when they're faced with a huge drop in revenue due to relegation.

Time to move on and let them implode due to their own stubborness.

Smithy, after what Lambert did for Norwich, surely you don't believe that we were the first club in for him?

Not the first club no but the first one he saw as a step up.

He supposedly had talks with Burnley at one point and was linked with West Ham and refused to distance himself from speculation, presumably using it as leverage to get a better deal/more funds from the board. 

Lambert did great things for us, it was a mutually beneficial arrangement and these things come to an end but one of the things I don;t miss is worrying our manager will be off every time a managerial vacancy comes up! We don;t have to worry about that now of course with good old cautious Chris which is both a blessing and a curse at the same time!

I've nothing against Villa other than fans who display this sort of smug and pompous attitude. Lived in Brum for a while and you are a bit of a moaney old bunch but at least Villa and WBA fans don;t generally have the aggressive streak you get in Blues or Wolves fans.

Particularly ironic when only 1 point separates us in the league and you are desperate to sign a player who does not regularly get in our side!  

We were entitled to compensation for our manager (which you tried to deny us) and we are entitled to whatever fees we deem fit for our contracted players. The fact that you have tried to get both on the cheap suggests that it's you who are showing the small club mentality not us. A "bigger and better" club should really show more class in the way it goes about things.

How very dare you!  ;) 

Smithy, after what Lambert did for Norwich, surely you don't believe that we were the first club in for him?

He supposedly had talks with Burnley at one point and was linked with West Ham and refused to distance himself from speculation, presumably using it as leverage to get a better deal/more funds from the board. 

Lambert did great things for us, it was a mutually beneficial arrangement and these things come to an end but one of the things I don;t miss is worrying our manager will be off every time a managerial vacancy comes up! We don;t have to worry about that now of course with good old cautious Chris which is both a blessing and a curse at the same time!

We've done alright on this front.  Lambert is steadily and slowly (too slow for some of this bunch) improving us with enough calamities thrown in to keep his stock quite low.

• Like 1

seems to me that he was not so much desperate to get away from Norwich as McNally.....something obviously went on there. In a case like that its not surprising he was linked with every managerial vacancy.

hey ho ...it happens

Â