Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

To be fair there probably isn't a huge cue of clubs after him either

you are from Sweden so apologies for correcting your English as I know no Swedish. however you might like to know

queue = line of people

cue =

76600790_l.jpg

• Like 1

To be fair there probably isn't a huge cue of clubs after him either

you are from Sweden so apologies for correcting your English as I know no Swedish. however you might like to know

queue = line of people

cue =

76600790_l.jpg

haha i had a feeling it was wrong but couldn't be bothered to look it up.

Hope you won't use this post as a stick to beat me with

I've passed your details to King Olof. Expect a knock shortly. I've told him to go for a 147 maximum break. :P

Seriously pathetic from Norwich this, the bloke isn't starting games for them, and rarely gets off the bench either

from looking at the Norwich forums they seem to rate him and dislike Houghton for not playing him

Houghton hasn't been great, but following Lambert was always gonna be an incredibly hard challenge. Back to back promotions and entertaining high scoring football is hard for a defensive minded coach to follow, so they probably dislike him for more reasons than just Hoolahan.

The strange thing is neither of our teams are looking likely to get dragged into the messy part of the relegation battle. Both our teams seem to pick up points regularly. 

Now Norwich have a 30 yr old player that doesn't fit in the managers plans. Most clubs would be happy to sell and let their manager use the fee and free wages on someone they want, instead Norwich are more concerned about Lambert. Its kinda sad

Some Norwich fans that I know here in Birmingham were even sorry that Bennett scored that late winner against Hull on saturday as they see this reprieve as giving Hughton an unwelcome stay of execution. They just want him gone.

Also, there is no animosity towards Villa or Lambert from these particular Norwich fan's because they know potentially how massive we can become & I also know their sentiments here are genuine too  because they are good people.

Some Norwich fans that I know here in Birmingham were even sorry that Bennett scored that late winner against Hull on saturday as they see this reprieve as giving Hughton an unwelcome stay of execution. They just want him gone.

Also, there is no animosity towards Villa or Lambert from these particular Norwich fan's because they know potentially how massive we can become & I also know their sentiments here are genuine too because they are good people.

I'm gonna keep saying it, any Norwich fan that dislikes Lambert is insane.

The strange thing is neither of our teams are looking likely to get dragged into the messy part of the relegation battle. Both our teams seem to pick up points regularly.

Now Norwich have a 30 yr old player that doesn't fit in the managers plans. Most clubs would be happy to sell and let their manager use the fee and free wages on someone they want, instead Norwich are more concerned about Lambert. Its kinda sad

That's my view too.

It really is sad.

Hopefully lambert will just move on to another target and leave them paying the wages on a player they don't even play and if the transfer request stories are true, unhappy and not wanting to be there.

That wouldn't hurt either if we got another decent player instead and left him to radiate negativity.  :ph34r:

Most of us were okay with Barry going to Man City because he had been a great servant of the Villa and no one would have begrudged him the experience of challenging for silverware.

When Liverpool bid for him he was an England regular, and their bid was a piss take. I think MON would have let him go if they had met our valuation.

Downing was an ungrateful little prick who abandoned us after one good season after we had shown good faith in him through his injury period.

Similarly Benteke after not even one whole season wanted to move on. Don't think anyone would have a problem with him stepping up, but the timing was awful.

IMO the Hoolahan situation is more akin to Barry. As long as Villa are behaving appropriately and meet a reasonable valuation, they should respect a player who has been an impeccable servant for the Club and let him move to a club where he will get to play rather than warm the pine.

Most of us were okay with Barry going to Man City because he had been a great servant of the Villa and no one would have begrudged him the experience of challenging for silverware.

When Liverpool bid for him he was an England regular, and their bid was a piss take. I think MON would have let him go if they had met our valuation.

Downing was an ungrateful little prick who abandoned us after one good season after we had shown good faith in him through his injury period.

Similarly Benteke after not even one whole season wanted to move on. Don't think anyone would have a problem with him stepping up, but the timing was awful.

IMO the Hoolahan situation is more akin to Barry. As long as Villa are behaving appropriately and meet a reasonable valuation, they should respect a player who has been an impeccable servant for the Club and let him move to a club where he will get to play rather than warm the pine.

I think the benteke transfer request was an (incredibly smart) attempt by his agent to force Villa to raise his wages more than they planned to, not really to leave.

Its unfair on the player TBH. 

He is 30 years old and needs to be playing regularly, which he will here. Its especially cruel as there is a chance of a world cup spot in the balance too.

I think the problem is they dont know whether the manager will be staying, its the only reasonable excuse I can think of.

I think the benteke transfer request was an (incredibly smart) attempt by his agent to force Villa to raise his wages more than they planned to, not really to leave.

You dont believe that do you?

It was a calculated gamble IMO, in which he got the 2nd best outcome.

Its unfair on the player TBH. 

He is 30 years old and needs to be playing regularly, which he will here. Its especially cruel as there is a chance of a world cup spot in the balance too.

I think the problem is they dont know whether the manager will be staying, its the only reasonable excuse I can think of.

Is there? I thought he was Irish? And I thought Ireland were crap, and nowhere near the world cup [/troll]

He is 30 years old and needs to be playing regularly, which he will here. Its especially cruel as there is a chance of a world cup spot in the balance too

its OK Ireland didnt qualify unless FIFA think we are better choice than England to go  ;)

Edited by Zatman

Â