England v Andorra...

kiddysi

I'd rather bite my own head than watch this rubbish  

57 members have voted

1. 1. I'd rather bite my own head than watch this rubbish

• Agree
    • Disagree
    • Bit it off on Saturday

Ian, just to clarify I dont want to change your mind about England having a foregn manager. I fully understand where you're coming from on it.

I just want to you to understand the reasons alot of people have arent based on xenophobia and have nothing whatsoever to do with thinking foreign managers arent capable. Just that to some people it's almost like cheating and defeats the point. Fine if you disagree with that but those reasons are certainly not xenophobic.

Ihave to go in a minute but all I want is the BEST manager, nationality means **** all

for some it is the important bit, thats why I call it xenophobia

I'm lost for words really.

Well i probably ought to go in a minucte too. I have to stab a Zimbabwean at 10, then slap a German at 10:30 and possibly tickle an Andorran at 11 i fi'm not too tired.

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

I think from an England managers point of view telling the press to feck off is probably the best way possible to handle the media.

it's the worse thing you can do

I agree with that 2nd quote... the press should be on your side at the end of the day. Keep them happy with results and the english people will be happy which is the most important thing. The game is based on results as well as the media but I think the hand the media play is very important. Tell them to take a walk and they will be against you from day one which would make life difficult to say the least. Look at the way McDonut has been fined by merely failing to turn upto a press conference in the past few days. It won't work.

I didn't mean Big Sam would actually say it to the press, but show it to them. Not letting them affect him and so on. Macca clearly gets affected :)

3-0 is exactly what I expected at HT, it's not the number of goals but how you play. Clearly it can't have been good enough at HT. It's bloody Andorra!

your media would destroy every person no matter what.

Our media are a bunch of c*nts. Led by the Uber clearings in the woods from the gutter press - they can bear much of the blame for our current predicament.

They pursued Sven out the job, then put the frighteners up Scolari before he put pen to paper, then demanded an English manager, despite the gulf in class between our squad and the available candidates.

Possibly the FA chose McC as the lesser of two evils - as they could foresee the media feeding frenzy around another foreign appointment.

Put Martin Samuel in charge, and when he cocks it up, let's flay the skin from his back.

Allardyce was always my choice for manager, and he still is now.

As things stand, we play passionless, boring, ineffective football.

If we had big Sam I think we'd play boring but effective football, and with a bit more passion to boot.

We're England, not Brazil, fancy football is not and never will be our thing - our players are technichally inferior to most of the other top countries - and yet we still have a better squad than most. What Allardyce would bring would be a 'British bulldog' type approach and would make us play in a way that meant we won football matches - which may also involve having the balls to drop a few players and to not make blatant tactical and selection cock-ups and then grin about it afterwards.

That's all we can ask for, so I'd take him now. McClaren out.

Ihave to go in a minute but all I want is the BEST manager, nationality means **** all

Xenophobia: A pathological fear or hatred of foreigners

I know it's certainly not xenophobia the english fans have when they say they want an English manager. England is not a racist, prejudice or xenophobic country. I won't go into this into much detail (as this isn't the thread to do it in) but I think you'll find England is the most appreciative and accepting country you're as likely to find in the rest of europe, let alone the world. As for football? Well Sven wasn't vilified and he wasn't English so what does that tell you?

The English game and in particular the English national team is full of history and tradition and it's to no surprise that most english supporters would like an english manager full of passion and ability. You have to look at our national history....even down to the "British Bulldog" Winston Churchill (I know groans and more groans but it does make a good point). We're a nation full of pride and reflect on our national history. Is it wrong to expect that the English National Team to expect an English Manager full of the ability and spirit that has kept the English people in regards for the past bugger knows how many years? An English manager who instills into the players the British spirit and what it means to win as English people? That is a manager full of passion for his country and his fellow countrymen? There is absolutely nothing wrong in being patriotic. I know, let's vote in a foreign Prime Minister :?. I know one thing for sure...it IS NOT XENOPHOBIC FFS.

I would equally welcome a manager full of passion and ability (as I'm sure most England fans would) who isn't English but would get us results.

Anyway, herein lies the point I'm trying to make...you can't label people who want an English manager as xenophobic, far from it. It's quite wrong to do so imo.

your media would destroy every person no matter what.

Our media are a bunch of c*nts. Led by the Uber clearings in the woods from the gutter press - they can bear much of the blame for our current predicament.

They pursued Sven out the job, then put the frighteners up Scolari before he put pen to paper, then demanded an English manager, despite the gulf in class between our squad and the available candidates.

Possibly the FA chose McC as the lesser of two evils - as they could foresee the media feeding frenzy around another foreign appointment.

Put Martin Samuel in charge, and when he cocks it up, let's flay the skin from his back.

Excellent post.

Xenophobia: A pathological fear or hatred of foreigners

I know it's certainly not xenophobia the english fans have when they say they want an English manager. England is not a racist, prejudice or xenophobic country. I won't go into this into much detail (as this isn't the thread to do it in) but I think you'll find England is the most appreciative and accepting country you're as likely to find in the rest of europe, let alone the world. As for football? Well Sven wasn't vilified and he wasn't English so what does that tell you?

The English game and in particular the English national team is full of history and tradition and it's to no surprise that most english supporters would like an english manager full of passion and ability. You have to look at our national history....even down to the "British Bulldog" Winston Churchill (I know groans and more groans but it does make a good point). We're a nation full of pride and reflect on our national history. Is it wrong to expect that the English National Team to expect an English Manager full of the ability and spirit that has kept the English people in regards for the past bugger knows how many years? An English manager who instills into the players the British spirit and what it means to win as English people? That is a manager full of passion for his country and his fellow countrymen? There is absolutely nothing wrong in being patriotic. I know, let's vote in a foreign Prime Minister :?. I know one thing for sure...it IS NOT XENOPHOBIC FFS.

I would equally welcome a manager full of passion and ability (as I'm sure most England fans would) who isn't English but would get us results.

Anyway, herein lies the point I'm trying to make...you can't label people who want an English manager as xenophobic, far from it. It's quite wrong to do so imo.

Well said, but Guardianista's wont let the facts get in the way of accussing people of one "ism" or another :roll:

Saying anyone is racist, well using that long word with an X in it, is just idiotic, stupid and out of this world at the same time.

Why aren't we just one big country? Why do we have different flags and anthems? Why don't we speak the same language? .....

Fair play to him for that then.

Never the right choice for manager, but the cheapest and easiest option. Clearly felt the pressure tonight, and was appalled that Jamie Carragher was dropped - seeing as he was the best player against Israel what messages does that send out? Rooney poor again for the main and picked up another STUPID yellow card. The man is a fool, and I do wonder how many cards he'd get in the Premiership if our referees had the guts to take on Manchester United players.

Stewart Downing and Jermain De Foe aren't good enough. Simple.

Still, the win was acheievd eventually. The aim is to qualify for the Championship. If he does that then fair enough, but he's been lucky with some of the team selections...

...Guardianista's wont let the facts get in the way of accussing people of one "ism" or another :roll:

That's blatant anti-Guardianista-ism, Nick :)

[glad to be of service, between mung bean salads]

Â