England v Andorra...

kiddysi

I'd rather bite my own head than watch this rubbish  

57 members have voted

1. 1. I'd rather bite my own head than watch this rubbish

• Agree
    • Disagree
    • Bit it off on Saturday

I'd rather have Fat Sam... AT least he would get England winning and have no favourites!!

Nothing wrong with wanting an English manager, it's a case of getting the right one!!

yes there is

not a single one is good enough to manage a big club in this country never mind the international side

If any of the 'big four' jobs came up do you think Fat Sam would have a chance

not on your nelly

who is the best man for the job

clearly Big Phil

end of debate

get rid of McClaren when all the little englanders wanted an Englishman ....

it has to be Big Phil but Venabollocks will get it

Ian, from the other recent England thread did you ever get to read the following response? I'm just wondering your thoughts on it as you seem to be having another pop at those who wanted an English manager again. Ta mate.

My choice was always Big Phil or Guss hiddink because I am not a narrow minded xenophobe and would require an Englis manager of which there are none good enough about

I think that comment is way over the top. In fact it's probably worse than that Ian and really quite offensive.

For alot of people the issue over coaching staff is not necessarily removed from the issue of playing staff...i.e. they are required to be English as that is the whole point, putting forward the best your country has to offer and competing with other nations. Even though the rules of the game do allow it (I suspect for the benfit of the lesser talented/experienced/developed nations) some people choose not to make a distinction and would prefer England to be represented by English people from top to bottom.

If you wouldnt call it narrow-minded xenophobia to require Englands players to be English, I dont feel you can really make a massive leap and slap people with that for wanting to have an Enlgish manager. This is a sport that is intrinsically linked to making a distiction by nationality, xenophobia does not come into it.

Personally I would prefer an English manager for the reasons above but I accept that if there is not a decent candidate then it is common sense to look elsewhere. I'd have gone foreign this time, rather than McLaren for instance. O'Neill would've been my choice by a long way.

who has managed the ENGLISH cricket team to Ashes glory ???

Big Phil did really well for Portugal - Portugese ???

Gus did brillanlty for Aus - Australian ???

you pick the best man for the job, nationality nowt to do with it Grant

Again would an Englishman get any of the top 4 jobs

no way !!!

no way !!!

Have to agree with this. In theory the idea of an englishman is great, if there's none available the above applies.

Eire - Jack charlton - Irish ???

South Korea - Hiddink - Japanese

Look at Spain always pick a spanish guy and no better than us despite having quality

manager of the top two clubs - non spanish

Russia paying Hiddink sheds loads

no way !!!

I think you're missing my point somewhat Ian, apologies if i havent explained myself too well.

I dont disagree that there are better candiadates for the job. There are im my eyes, yours too.

But in a sport that is about pitting one country against another, some people choose to think that shoudl be extended to the staff as well as the players. Imo it would not be unreasonable for the rules to stipulate this.

As i said, i think the reason they're not is mainly for the smaller nations.

The thing i'm questioning is why you acuse people of xenophobia if they hold this belief? It's quite an offensive accusation, like calling people racist or sexist and in this case I think it's unjustified. I think it's the very point of the competition to pit what you have, be it the best or otherwise against other nations.

Since the rules allow it then i think we should benefit but i wouldnt object to the rules being changed at all.

Look at Spain always pick a spanish guy and no better than us despite having quality

Your point is? If these countries decided to engage Facism.... should we follow suit?

Why Ian, cos Gerrard has scored? Sod that, the man isn't good enough. A win here changes nothing. We have a man in charge of the national team who, 12 months ago, had his own supporters throw their season tickets at and whose chairman didn't exactly fight tooth and nail to keep.

McClown is a **** joke. End of story

Not sure the debate over McDonut ends here because of that 1 (yes it's only 1 goal folks), fact is we aren't performing at all and the crowd want him out and so will the media tomorrow most probably. He's on borrowed time and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't already sounded out someone else to take over in a temp role.

I believe a country should have a coach from their own country, I even think it's ridiculous that it's not the rule.

The coach is as important as the team itself, he should represent the country and not some other one.

I know we have had some Swedish guy before here in Norway, but right now it would seem weird to even

look at a guy from another country.

Your point is? If these countries decided to engage Facism.... should we follow suit?

Is Fat Sam the best and available candidate throughout the world for the England Job ?

No, no-one can say that thus why want him ?

Woudl you want a second rate manager for Villa

Grant, it is xenophobis, did you read what the Daily Mail et all said ?

did you hear some of the comments on the radio regarding 'foreign' managers

best mangers in England are

Fergie, Mourinho, Wenger, Benitz, MON

not a single Englishman even close to these and Big Sam is the closest

Not sure the debate over McDonut ends here because of that 1 (yes it's only 1 goal folks), fact is we aren't performing at all and the crowd want him out and so will the media tomorrow most probably. He's on borrowed time and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't already sounded out someone else to take over in a temp role.

TBH he was on borrowed time from the start with. My immediate response to the appointment was "what?, how is that even possible?" and I can't say I am very surprised. I told some mate of mine that he would go in 6 months, I wish I had put a wager on that statement. Hire some real gem now, we all want England to shine.

Â