England v Andorra...

kiddysi

I'd rather bite my own head than watch this rubbish  

57 members have voted

1. 1. I'd rather bite my own head than watch this rubbish

• Agree
    • Disagree
    • Bit it off on Saturday

no I don't undertsand you, you prefer a worse manager instead of a better one because he is English, it is that simple and frankly daft ....

the nationality of the coach has no bearing whatsover on the ationality of the team does it ?

Aha you are at last getting it. Even if you think it's daft, which is fair enough, i'll take that over xenophobic! ;)

In essence yes, I think the coaching staff should also be English because I dont make a distinction between them and the team, it's all one entity to me.

so are you saying big sam would do better as england Manger than Big Phil ???

are you serious ??

Depends mate as nobody knows how long it would take Big Phil to pick up the language for a start. Personally I think the FA dropped a bollock by not appointing him but there's nothing to say that he would have failed to pick up the English game properly.

he can speak english and Big Phil is only an example

Guus Hiddink was also available, at a price ...

I agree Hiddink or Big Phil would have been a 1000% better than this clown, but there is nothing to say that Big Phil couldn't quite handle the English game (media included and that is what made him pull out in the first place) and tbh there is no way the FA could afford Hiddink now. Crozier was brought in as a financial reconstruction expert (the FA were in dire straights frankly), he stabilised the books and then they made the same mistake again by the fiasco in Wembley and then there's the obscene payments to Sven (which we technically still are employing) .

I can't see a decent enough English manager TBH.

The top 4 teams in the country are all managed by foreigners, that should tell you something.

English managers are shite at the moment and it's difficult to see any who will get a shot at the big four in the next 5 years either and that includes Villa breaking in there :D

McClaren is though, the worst of the bunch!

Big Sam perhaps could have handled your media, unlike Macca and Svennis.

He would say "F'ck off" instead of dating supermodels and/or annoy your lot.

Not saying he is the right man though.

Big Same refuses to speak to the BBC and fell out with Sky

handle the media, your having a laugh !!!!

I think from an England managers point of view telling the press to feck off is probably the best way possible to handle the media.

The worst thing I see is countries such as South-Korea having rent-a-coaches such as Guus Hiddink strolling them along to glory.

He could do the same with Norway and Russia (let's wait and see) before moving along to the next who would give enough money.

I guess Roman Abramobitch has put the money on the table this time? Hardly a surprise.

If a country is blessed with having a coach such as him then so be it, if not, then it's tough luck.

Ian, just to clarify I dont want to change your mind about England having a foregn manager. I fully understand where you're coming from on it.

I just want to you to understand the reasons alot of people have arent based on xenophobia and have nothing whatsoever to do with thinking foreign managers arent capable. Just that to some people it's almost like cheating and defeats the point. Fine if you disagree with that but those reasons are certainly not xenophobic.

Ian, just to clarify I dont want to change your mind about England having a foregn manager. I fully understand where you're coming from on it.

I just want to you to understand the reasons alot of people have arent based on xenophobia and have nothing whatsoever to do with thinking foreign managers arent capable. Just that to some people it's almost like cheating and defeats the point. Fine if you disagree with that but those reasons are certainly not xenophobic.

Ihave to go in a minute but all I want is the BEST manager, nationality means **** all

for some it is the important bit, thats why I call it xenophobia

I think from an England managers point of view telling the press to feck off is probably the best way possible to handle the media.

it's the worse thing you can do

GT tried that and got slaughtered, As England's manger for 80% of the time you have **** all to do, dealing with the press is vital which is why Venabollock is so beloved by many in the press

Â