England v Andorra...

kiddysi

I'd rather bite my own head than watch this rubbish  

57 members have voted

1. 1. I'd rather bite my own head than watch this rubbish

• Agree
    • Disagree
    • Bit it off on Saturday

Maybe so Roca but it's not the rule. Loads of countries do it, so why should England hold themselves back by stubbornly going English? Stiff upper lip? Bollocks, we need a winner, not a **** moron.

here here Chris

take Cricket we had a joker in david Lloyd and sung very low

we then brought in a professional coach in Fletcher and he made an Ashes winning squad

no English coach could have done that

Not sure the debate over McDonut ends here because of that 1 (yes it's only 1 goal folks), fact is we aren't performing at all and the crowd want him out and so will the media tomorrow most probably. He's on borrowed time and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't already sounded out someone else to take over in a temp role.

TBH he was on borrowed time from the start with. My immediate response to the appointment was "what?, how is that even possible?" and I can't say I am very surprised. I told some mate of mine that he would go in 6 months, I wish I had put a wager on that statement. Hire some real gem now, we all want England to shine.

he was simply brought in because Dein could not get Big Phil the job because of the Xenophobia surronding wanting an 'Englishman' in charge ....

Eire - Jack charlton - Irish ???

South Korea - Hiddink - Japanese

Look at Spain always pick a spanish guy and no better than us despite having quality

manager of the top two clubs - non spanish

Russia paying Hiddink sheds loads

Your point is? If these countries decided to engage Facism.... should we follow suit?

Is Fat Sam the best and available candidate throughout the world for the England Job ?

No, no-one can say that thus why want him ?

Woudl you want a second rate manager for Villa

Grant, it is xenophobis, did you read what the Daily Mail et all said ?

did you hear some of the comments on the radio regarding 'foreign' managers

best mangers in England are

Fergie, Mourinho, Wenger, Benitz, MON

not a single Englishman even close to these and Big Sam is the closest

Sorry but adding MON to that list seems ridicules considering our position, and going on current position, Fat Sam is far superiour on less money!!

Perhaps it should be the rule. But that way Russia and SoKo wouldn't have had Hiddink, Portugal wouldn't have Scolari and we wouldn't be crippling ourselves by a stubborn need to appoint an Englishman because every country would have to go home rather than away.

Oh I didn't mean it as a dig at England, it is my own opinion and I've always had it really..... Why should a coach be from another country?

In fact I can't see a single arguement FOR it, the coach is as important as the players and therefore a country is lucky to have a coach such as Wenger or Rafa.

I don't think it would matter much who coached England, your media would destroy every person no matter what. I think you need better rules in terms of protecting against the newspapers before a new coach. Saying that, McClaren really is a crap one and I don't think he will get any more jobs after this one. Look at Souness and DOL, no jobs stacking up.!

A quick question or 2...would you rather have Sir Alex of Manure in charge or this clown now? (never going to happen but interesting to see the reaction if it was to happen)

Assuming MON wasn't Villa manager would you wish for him to be England manager? Seeing as he isn't English?

Not sure the debate over McDonut ends here because of that 1 (yes it's only 1 goal folks), fact is we aren't performing at all and the crowd want him out and so will the media tomorrow most probably. He's on borrowed time and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't already sounded out someone else to take over in a temp role.

TBH he was on borrowed time from the start with. My immediate response to the appointment was "what?, how is that even possible?" and I can't say I am very surprised. I told some mate of mine that he would go in 6 months, I wish I had put a wager on that statement. Hire some real gem now, we all want England to shine.

he was simply brought in because Dein could not get Big Phil the job because of the Xenophobia surronding wanting an 'Englishman' in charge ....

I am not Xenophobic and I would rather a Englishman in charge, where the hell do you get off calling people wanting an English Manager Xenophobic?? It's offensive, incorrect and down right wrong!!

Also...I know we moaned about Sven at most times but looking at his record he never ever gave us a joke performance (friendlies aside). Who would you rather have....this clown or Sven?

dictonary.com defintion of xenophobia Nick

An unreasonable fear, distrust, or hatred of strangers, foreigners, or anything perceived as foreign or different.

who is the better international manager

Big Phil

fat sam ??

end of debate

Eire - Jack charlton - Irish ???

South Korea - Hiddink - Japanese

Look at Spain always pick a spanish guy and no better than us despite having quality

manager of the top two clubs - non spanish

Russia paying Hiddink sheds loads

Your point is? If these countries decided to engage Facism.... should we follow suit?

Is Fat Sam the best and available candidate throughout the world for the England Job ?

No, no-one can say that thus why want him ?

Woudl you want a second rate manager for Villa

Grant, it is xenophobis, did you read what the Daily Mail et all said ?

did you hear some of the comments on the radio regarding 'foreign' managers

best mangers in England are

Fergie, Mourinho, Wenger, Benitz, MON

not a single Englishman even close to these and Big Sam is the closest

I feel like i'm banging my head against a brick wall here, but i'll refrain from using the smiley! :)

Well i'm pretty certain i'm one of the most liberal people about so I really do take exception to be labelled xenophobic. If you're not prepared to retract it then it's up to you.

Constantly repeating better candidates isnt really relevant to the point i'm making as i'm agreeing there are better candidates available.

You dont get to choose the best available players, only the ones from your country. I think the same should apply to the manager too.

i dont however think that means that there arent better managers available. Just that you shouldnt be allowed to employ them as the point of the competition is a battle between nations and that dilutes it to an extent.

Ho hum.

Nick, if there was a public vote now on who the next england manager would be MON would easily be in the top three

I doubt it... people are starting to wonder if he has the talent, where as Fat Sam would defo be in the top 3 IMO

Sven's problem, until WC06, was that his team bottled the few competitive finals games they lost, and although I agree his record was very good generally, I do think he got found out tactically when we came up against Brazil, Portugal and...well, Portugal. Then again, McClaren was there too...better appoint him as manager.

Â