Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Has made the club into a laughing stock. Just watching the egg McDermott at Leeds in his post match interview, least he is honest, PL is just full of shite, no regrets we are out at all.

Edited by Avflife

Not as simple as that though is it? Lower league teams beat Premier League teams in the cups far more than they should. The styles of football required to beat PL teams are totally different to what's required to beat lower league teams. You have to be savvy, stable and experienced enough to be able to change as required.

I agree with your statement. It does not help that the majority of our team is made up of young players, and we are clearly lacking experience to cope at Villa Park against any side currently. I just hope our inexperience players and PL can learn from these failures against lower league opposition.

I don't think the inexperience is resigned to just the players.

The owner, CEO and the Manager have illustrated Inexperience in some of their actions during their time

I'm just not sure how long the CLUB can wear this inexperience that is thwarting any kind of progress we think we are acheiving.

at some time nepotism and friendship, trusting souls and loyalty has to be a nice add on......This football club of ours requires some serious Nous 

• Like 3

With the club sitting 11th in the league he's never gonna get the sack. I think he's pretty much hitting his remit of his job...survival to mid table. We will see where we are at the end of the season, I don't think we will go down. Signings in January are important.

Are we to wait until we are in the shit, league position wise, before we act, despite the basics not being carried out.....also, due to our plight are the deals for the players we are supposing to bring in not already done....i would have thought all the work would have started well before the window opened and they would be in by now.

It does not help that the majority of our team is made up of young players

I don't see players developing, I don't see the team progressing.. I think we have gone backwards.

Looking at our squad very quickly..

Clark, Albrighton and Delph will be 25 this year.. 25.

Granted the year just started so it's somewhat flawed but point still stands.

Rest of the squad is probably younger but to be honest at 22 Weimann has to be showing alot more, whether it's consistency or flashes of ability this season and he hasn't.

I think the "young players" excuse worked to an extent last season and we all hoped they would learn from the experience and push on but it's just not happening.

They have gone backwards and haven't learned from the experience of last season.

I believe we have made progress. The league table provides evidence of our progression (I acknowledge it is better to view the league table in May), and from my own observation I believe we are a lot more organised this season and have coped better with injuries. I do not agree that we have regressed as a team.

The players you have mentioned in your post are interesting; Clark has had only one full season consistently playing at any level and has made clear progress from last season; Delph has been injury hit ever since he joined the club and has only recently been playing consistently for us and is noticeably improving, same can be said of Albrighton. A large chunk of our players are still "learning" the game and do need extra help from experience players.

These situations will make them better in the long term IMO.

If you watch carefully the build up to the first  goal for Sheffield Utd where Lowton allows the winger to cut in and score, despite the deflection.....i would happily come to Bodymoor heath myself and coach him how not to allow that kind of strike to happen again.

This is basic stuff, I'm afraid.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

In the league, we're 4 points behind Southampton, and 6 points clear of the relegation places.

Getting knocked out by lower league opposition isn't something which started happening last year, it's been happening for about 10/11 years or so, so it shouldn't really come as a surprise.

IMO, we're miles away from what Lambert's finished article is. I still say give him and his vision time, as I don't think Randy will sack him to be fair either.

He's only 18 months in to the job, so I think he deserves a bit of time to be honest. We didn't do too badly when we started the season, and even last year we played better football after the turn of the year.

But what is this holy grail of a finished article.

Look we all understand that things take time, but when you are in a work in progress situation, you look for "green shoots".....its starts on the pitch, you look for little things where you can say that didn't happen last week, Oh look "he's gone to the far post for the knock down" you can clearly see they are working on it.....Oh Look "he has come to the near post to collect his mates clipped ball off the defender" hey we are thinking now.....I could go on and on.

The fans want to see some tangible improvement, not Soundbytes.

Can someone tell the latest set of coaches ....we have watched Ron Saunders WIP.....We have seen Graham Taylors rebuilding job..... we know what rebuilding is and we also know when we are millions of miles away from it.

• Like 3

In my view the bottom half of the Prem is equal to the Championship, not better, no worse.

The best players are all playing for the Top Ten Teams.

talking generally of course.

TRO-What would you hope & expect if a new manager were to come in this window/or in the Summer?

It would surely mean starting from scratch again-Lamberts players bombed out within 2 or 3 windows & new cheap replacements coming in?

That would mean another 18 months wasted, another cheap squad assembled but what else?

What could possibly be achieved by replacing the manager?

We've had the same campaigns now for 4 years-This manager must go, that manager must go-We've lost in round 3, sack the manager.

My feeling is lets stick with what we have & give him chance to develop-18 months is no time given the task he's been given. Sunderland are in an almost identical situation to ourselves-Would you want to swap with them for example?

• Like 1

The media have done a number on Lambert.

I would agree with that, but hey, he will learn.

He is starting to wear his problems on his sleeve....I hope he comes out and realises everyone is out to get him out of his job and act accordingly.....time for tough talk.

Lerner can support him or sack him.

Lowton can sort his defending out or be dumped.

those are the things he needs to be implying.

Paul Lambert if he is the real deal?, needs to get tough and realise that others are conspiring against him or he will be deemed as the problem.....Time for him to understand he is running Aston Villa Football Team

• Like 1

Shows how weak the league is that somehow we're joint 10th.

All of our wins have been by accident too apart from perhaps Cardiff.

By accident?

I was confused by that statement. I guess some people believe Lambert is just a lucky manager.

TRO you are four hours late  ;)

I think that, whether Lambert stays or is replaced, our squad consists mostly of "spackle".  I don't think too many of them want jetting out, but that they should be second choice to the quality we bring in.

Manchester United have some spackle too.  Cleverley, Welbeck, Jones, Smalling, Evans.  Players who are ideal as back up.  Cleverley in amongst a full strength United team would be fine.  A team that is more spackle than quality, like United now and especially us, is doomed to failure.

We need a quality first team where the lads we have now would sub in for injuries rather than being first choice.

• Like 3

The next 2 games are giveaways, however, a decent performance in both, losing, but losing while playing well would be a positive. Lose the 3 game though and Lambert has to go... If he didn't already.

I honestly think Lambert will relegate us

There is no excuse for the lack of shots on target today. Money is not an excuse.

If you are building a squad for 40m, you are not going to get the best players out there.

If it was only that simple.

Since we have appointed O'Neill.....we have spent, how many millions.

You can't simply isolate the 40 million alone.

So in isolation how is money the the problem,?We should have a decent squad by now. With all the experienced managers we have had, you would think they could buy players

We have an assembly of rubbish.....created wholly and solely by successive managers.

We had a decent squad, we had to get rid of them!

when? why?

because they were over paid for what they was producing and we paid over the odds to secure them.....how many times do we have to revisit this same argument.....will the penny ever drop?

we bought c 4/5 players out about 40 over 6/7 years that was ok .......and this is where we are.

The owner/CEO appointed them and the managers did the rest.

In my view the bottom half of the Prem is equal to the Championship, not better, no worse.

The best players are all playing for the Top Ten Teams.

talking generally of course.

Good point.

It really does appear that the Premier league is morphing into two distinct leagues of ten teams - those fighting for europe and those fighting relegation. There used to be a middle layer of clubs that would be well clear of both with half a dozen games to go, but not any longer. 

Villa is well ensconced in the latter and the problem is we are the biggest club of the bottom-half league and viewed as a club in terminal decline.

We're like the Ottoman Empire of the 19th century, but rather than being the 'sick man of Europe', we're the sick man of the Premier league.

TRO-What would you hope & expect if a new manager were to come in this window/or in the Summer?

It would surely mean starting from scratch again-Lamberts players bombed out within 2 or 3 windows & new cheap replacements coming in?

That would mean another 18 months wasted, another cheap squad assembled but what else?

What could possibly be achieved by replacing the manager?

We've had the same campaigns now for 4 years-This manager must go, that manager must go-We've lost in round 3, sack the manager.

My feeling is lets stick with what we have & give him chance to develop-18 months is no time given the task he's been given. Sunderland are in an almost identical situation to ourselves-Would you want to swap with them for example?

I agree with you. I think people need to remember Paul Lambert is still a relatively young manager and has suffered his fair share of set backs in management before Villa, it certainly did not halt his progress from the bottom of the football pyramid to the top.

I truly believe in twelve months time we will be in better shape if Lambert is still our manager.