Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

I am sick of reading about the majority of our victories were lucky.

People stop engaging their brains and just keyboard mash their emotions into the message board when we lose 4 in a row.

There is little point getting upset about it. It won't stop until the results start improving again.

9 points in 12 games, 15 wins in 57, its not just about the last 4.

You're right thought most be people wont stop until results improve but that's kind of the point of the discontent its looking unlikely they wont improve much. We have supposedly been in an easier run of fixtures which means round the corner its gonna get harder.

Edited by Houlston
  • Like 1

While maybe not lucky I think some of our games have been won thanks to a moment of individual brilliance rather than a good performance or good tactics.

You could say that about the majority of the games in the last ten years.

I don't think he should be sacked yet, as he mansged to turn around a poor run last year. But the performance yesterday against a poor Palace said was unacceptable despite whatever moneys Lambert has received. If we carry on with the same sort of football for a few weeks and results dont improve then will be the time.

It's not that we are loosing its the lack of any conviction or drive in our play. 

Yesterday 80 mins of the game we were just shuffling around side to side passing at walking pace. 

!

At one point we won a corner Gabby raced to get the ball looking fired up, he then turns around and all our players look like they are taking a Sunday morning stroll in the park.

Is Lambert being to soft on them or something? He need to go Fergie on their asses

I have had a sneaky concern for sometime about that with successive managers.

you can make excuses for managers that do, do it like Fergie and Mourinho, but you have to let them know the standards that you require.... seen Mourinho, wip off Gudjonsen, when he missed a shot against us....no fanfare, no apologies, straight off..... right or wrong it send a message of decisiveness through the ranks....harsh sometimes, but single minded in what your trying to acheive.

Our lot look too passive and "half soaked" to me.

And still a few deluded people think he is good. Totally out if his depth - time for a change .

Are you completely incapable of making a post on Lambert without taking shots at other people?

What a strange post, did I hit a nerve? - The fact that I explained the reasoning behind the post and the fact that many others refer to those deluded few that still cling on to the hope that Lambert will become this "wonderful" manager seems to have been totally ignored by you. Plus the irony of you posting about a poster (albeit against VT rules) is actually quite funny.

Edit: I did laugh at the two people who "liked" your post also :)

Hit a nerve? Yeah sure, let's go with that. Post on poster you say? If making commentary on your post qualifies as that, then sure. 

Maybe you can explain then why this band of a few now still cling on to the forlorn hope that Lambert will turn things around? What are they seeing that now seemingly the majority don't ?

I'm not as bothered by the opinions of others, so I'm gonna have to pass on that one. You could always do the honours of course, while hopefully trying to keep the insults to a minimum.

Couple of questions.

Which 'deluded group' are still saying Lambert is a good manager/will become a wonderful manager etc? Any proof of this? You made a sweeping statement, which no real backing. And making broad statements about groups of people is against the rules IIRC (used to be a sticky).

Keyblade's initial point was valid. Why the need for the point scoring? It puts people off from making comments. I wanted to write a piece about Lambert last night, but I was put off by the thought of the inevitable barrage of comments just because I backed Lambert 100% before. Someone may log on, want to offer their debate about Lambert, see your comment and straight away be put off because they're labelled as 'deluded' off the bat.

It works two ways though Stefan.

I don't know what the content of your post was going to be but I am in no doubt if the much lauded 'improvement' had continued then those who had originally forecast this run of results would have been continually ridiculed to the point where they too would have been reluctant to post on site. Either way it isn't right!

However I'm sure most of those posters if the 'improvement' had continued would have been brave enough to come forward and admit they were wrong and then continued to post.

I'm not saying you were wrong in your convictions concerning Lambert as there could be an upturn in results but you should post your opinion as personally I'm intrigued as to what you would say?

• Like 1

I still look into my crystal ball and think in 18 months' time we will be thankful Lambert is still at the club. This is another really painful step backwards though and I can see why people are really upset. Yesterday's result was inexcusable and we have to improve in January, please Randy back your man, I know it will involve donating another £10m but this is the time for a lift. A top 8-10 place is still on the cards, Lambert just needs some help now the fans are really starting to get agitated.

Big John made a comment several months ago which has become completely lost and it shouldn't have been.

He asked what other Premiership club had the same policy of buying youthful inexperienced players and expecting them all to hit the ground running in the Premiership?

No-one answered that question but I'll answer it now. No other Premiership club has tried to do this, especially on a shoestring budget because it is doomed to failure for all of the reasons already stated across this forum by a select few posters who were continually rounded on for being negative.

Congratulations on your win.

I would like you to explain the above comment please?

So say Randy is totally to blame does that give Lambert immunity from the sack even though he is tactically lost, players look lost devoid of any confidence and signings are either being ignored, played in several positions or used in such a way they cant get used to PL football.

I am sick of reading about the majority of our victories were lucky.

If we played Southampton again and had 3 shots on target with 20 odd percent possession do you think we'd win?

We won the game though.

Ever thought about taking up dancing you have a nice sidestep. 

So say Randy is totally to blame does that give Lambert immunity from the sack even though he is tactically lost, players look lost devoid of any confidence and signings are either being ignored, played in several positions or used in such a way they cant get used to PL football.

I'm not against sacking him but with our current owner and plan to save money until a sale what are we expecting a new manager to realistically do?

I'm not against sacking him but with our current owner and plan to save money until a sale what are we expecting a new manager to realistically do?

Mid table entertaining football.

Why should Paul Lambert keep his job?

We are playing some of the worst football i have ever seen

Our ambitions now are to try and nick a point against Swansea at home....

I cannot wait for the Lamebert kick and rush football with 1 shot on target in the first half followed by "We go again" in the post match interview

He's stealing a career for himself like a majority of the players he has signed who are not good enough at this level

He should be handed his P45 along with most of the team who are not good enough to be playing for Aston Villa

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Ever thought about taking up dancing you have a nice sidestep. 

I am still here. We won the game, what else did you want from the game?

Your initial point was about not being lucky in certain games, I asked you a question that related to that point.

I am obviously happy with the win but it masked a world of problems and I cant ever remember a more undeserving win.

I am still here. We won the game, what else did you want from the game?

I believe what most people mean when they criticize the way Villa played in some games we've won is that overall the performances are a much better long term indication than a couple of results going our way. It's great Lambert has managed to win a couple of games having 20% possession and 3 chances but that will not be sustainable - good play, good tactics and inspired performances are what would indicate a better future, not freak results here and there.

Needless to say, after that Southampton win it's not a big surprise they've proceded to lose a few games having in mind our play hasn't improved and a lot of people on this board predicted this slide, yet got a lot of grief for their opinions. 

• Like 4

Mid table entertaining football.

I think it would be a miracle if Lerner could find and persuade a manager good enough to deliver that with current restraints.

i really dont know where its gone wrong for him, the football this season has been shocking at times, and i mean worse than mcleish levels of shocking, watching the players is like watching us under mcleigh and ged, they look a mixture of clueless and not wanting to be there, is that because of lambert or because the reality of where we are as a club is now ingrained so deep absolutely nobody at villa park on a saturday gives a **** anymore? and id include the crowd in that most weeks

do we sack him? whats the point? who else is coming in and what are they going to do? unless lerner finds some ambition we're going nowhere

but no doubt i'll get told in the pub before swansea that we should sack him and go for AVB and we'll be back where we belong challenging for top 4...

but I was put off by the thought of the inevitable barrage of comments just because I backed Lambert 100% before.

No it would have been because of the stick you gave people who voiced their own opinion. It would have been because instead of posting about the game in a match thread you mocked anyone who voiced their negative opinions. You seem to have a very arrogant opinion of your views in that now you have deemed it OK to criticise the manager whereas before anyone who did it was mocked by yourself and others.

It worked both ways, all ways in fact.

You, Mantis, Morpheus, Stefan, you were all as forthright and at times downright rude when putting your opinion above those of others. Just because it is your opinion, Big John, that is currently assumed to be the correct one you have no right to claim victory and score points. This not what this forum is about.

I for one am sick of reading it. There are some really good contributors to this site, with strong valid opinions and the ability to verbalise them who are unable to use these forums because of your bickering. Page after page of the shit.

No, I'm not a moderator. Just saying. I don't think you've any idea how tiring it is for the rest of us.

With respect anything that I may have said in the past which you would deem rude was purely reactionary and do you forget how one of the posters you mention announced his arrival on site?