Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

The £7 million on Kozak would have been better spent elsewhere. Along with that of Tonev and Helenius. Wages are probably an issue, but most of Lambert's business in the transfer market is proving to be poor.

It was €4.4m according to hh, less than half the figure you've quoted

£7 million is the figure I remember seeing on various websites at the time? Maybe the final amount wasn't as much as this then I don't know. It was still money we shouldn't of spent in my opinion.

The £7 million on Kozak would have been better spent elsewhere. Along with that of Tonev and Helenius. Wages are probably an issue, but most of Lambert's business in the transfer market is proving to be poor.

That will be the HH who said we'd be attacking Palace today!

That will be the HH who said we'd be attacking Palace today!
Perhaps that was the plan, but the players bottled it. Do you reckon the team talk went "right lads to out there and give the ball away at every opportunity. I don't want to see you creating and chances and I definitely don't want any points"?

The money excuse frustrates me. We have no money so why sign Tonev? In my opinion defouneso who I rate as poor is a better option. Helenius????? What was the thinking with him? We can't afford to sign players who can't go straight into the team. Why oh why does he not give him a chance and instead of bringing him on insists on bringing on bowery who clearly isn't up to the task. Can he not see Weimann is playing horrendous? Is that not obvious to him. When we can't break down a palace team why does it take 70-80 minutes to change it. It's just not good enough. We are VERY lucky not to be in the relegation already as we picked Alot of points we simply didn't deserve. Lambert needs to earn his wages or be sacked as this cannot go on

I am all for giving time and seeing what the manager can work out whilst under scrutiny.

However, the most alarming thing now is that the players look they don't give a shit, and that is always the final sign of something inevitable happening.

Lambert, thus far, has failed pretty heavily at Aston Villa. His approach is superb in theory, but when you buy cheap, young players who turn out to be crap the lot of them, then it is pretty serious. Lambert is no tactician, he is not known for changing tactics to suit a certain game and we don't have a single plan when attacking. His scouting is obviously not among the best in Europe and so we end up with Championship at best players. We have a few good players, when they are not in the side we lose every single time. You only need to have 7-8 performers to win a game, at least that was what Alex Ferguson said, and when Vlaar/Delph/Westwood/Weimann/Gabby/Benteke are having stinkers we lose without creating a chance. The rest of the players are just rubbish, all we can hope for is that they don't score own-goals or make gaffs. Nathan Baker for example, completely lacks ability. Same with Antonio Luna. We got a dud who couldn't get game-time in Spain, and we all see how poor he is at defending and positioning himself. Leandro Bacuna is a hopeless full-back, which coincidently is mostly because he isn't a full-back! He gifts goals and doesn't know how to defend at all, and then we let in goals.

Arsenal away was the first game of the season and the best time to play against one of the big boys. We won when they were gunning at it and we had a lot of luck. Same with City, they just sacrifice everything to win the game and we got incredibly lucky. Southampton? We were battered, they had an off-day, we didn't deserve to win in even the slightest way - but we did. That's how football works of course, you win the matches you win and take them with you, but one would be pretty naive to call that anything other than luck.

We played Crystal Palace and we failed to create anything, we didn't have momentum and basically sucked balls. That is worrying as hell and we are right back in the mix for relegation.

• Like 1

Here's a question then. Why have we seem no progress from these players in the last season and a half. Players are supposed to get better yeah. Obviously Lambert saw something in them so to purchase so many, so where is the improvement. These players should be heading towards the top of there game after a season and half. But they look worse!

You can't polish a turd springs to mind

Yes and as has been greatly discussed, there is ample reason not to believe the figures promoted by HH. So can we please stop throwing that figure around as unquestionable fact!

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

I back the manager think he needs time like fans need to stay with the team and manager for us to improve

How do you thing the world of business would go if everyone carried this sentiment?

Leaders make huge decisions and hopefully at the right time, there is always an expiration date to everything, and the clock has started to tick for Paul Lambert. Why? Basically because the guy had a lot of healthy ideas, but thus far he has failed with everything he has done at Villa. The results are awful, the signings are dross, the football is miserable and make the eyes bleed, the players seem like they don't give a shit, the fans aren't turning up for games, the tactics are always the same, players are out of form at the same time, we score very few goals and the general atmosphere surrounding the club is at a low-point. I would be willing to give time to someone who clearly had an idea, and little by little you saw signs of improvement and implementation, but I do not see a great tactician in Paul Lambert, he is lightyears away from managers like Rodgers and Martinez in terms of philosophy.

• Like 2

Yes and as has been greatly discussed, there is ample reason not to believe the figures promoted by HH. So can we please stop throwing that figure around as unquestionable fact!
figures are irrelevant. The players which have been signed us on poor judgment and clearly not to the standard expected of them

In a nutshell, if McLeish was in charge now the media would be ripping the shit out of us. "It's not because he came from Blues, it's because he's a shit manager". Bollocks.

To be fair, sacking Lambert would be an awful move. As with the last few years we need to go higher.

And instead you propose we take the other figure as unquestionable fact?

Well he has always come up with the truth on other things so i believe him when he says he cost less than what was reported.

Edited by PaulC

Absolutely YES YES YES now.

Lambert has totally failed and I'm sure a new man would get way more out of this group than he has.

He's a lower league manager totally out of his depth. He got lucky with Norwich like George Burley and Owen Coyle at their various clubs before him. And we will go down with him in charge.

He should have been sacked last winter to be fair.

• Like 2