The R word

villanwesty88

I'm absolutely petrified we'll drop at the minute. It's like the stars have aligned. I mean how the hell do Sunderland beat Chelsea? Swansea with a last minute pen!

We've got the bare bones of a squad at the moment, which doesn't look like scoring, the other results are going against us, the potential takeover hanging in the balance and to top it off the scousers have got the title in the bag.

We don't deserve this not again.

We have been quite happy to accept the bullshit from the club, we get what comes to us.

Not needed, no. But fair if you want to be pessimistic.

I don't believe in suffocating discussion. And if the most miserable ones have their own thread, maybe they'll leave the other threads alone. Maybe...

I'm not saying there shouldn't be a thread, I was simply saying I can't believe relegation threads were created, back when 1/3 of the season has passed (usually after a defeat). I'm all for discussion.

I was just responding to BJ10, who said he couldn't believe that people thought we weren't in the battle.

I'm absolutely petrified we'll drop at the minute. It's like the stars have aligned. I mean how the hell do Sunderland beat Chelsea? Swansea with a last minute pen!

We've got the bare bones of a squad at the moment, which doesn't look like scoring, the other results are going against us, the potential takeover hanging in the balance and to top it off the scousers have got the title in the bag.

We don't deserve this not again.

Honestly, I think you're being a bit overly dramatic there. Cardiff could only draw a winnable home game yesterday and Fulham also lost.

To add to that, we stopped a run of 4 straight defeats yesterday.

Edited by Mantis

To be fair I dont think its Norwich we are worried about. They could do it but its unlikely.

Norwich and Cardiff are down imo. That third spot is up for grabs. Sunderland are flying at the moment. 4 points against City and Chelsea.

Third spot is between Villa Fulham and WBA.

Norwich get one back. fark.

Norwich won't catch us. They might get one result. They won't get two and take four points. I also don't see Cardiff winning two of their last 3 so I don't see them catching us. Sunderland and Fulham are the worry for me. I think Fulham could win two of their last 3 and I think Sunderland could take 7 points from their last 4.

We are though in terms of chances of being relegated in a very strong position. 35 could well keep us up but that would mean 4 defeats on the spin and likely take away our goal difference advantage.  A point and the goal difference not taking a battering would most likely be enough. Anymore than a point and we will definitely be safe for me.

What I dread is going into the last game still in with a shout of going down. I don't think my 40 year old ticker could take it.

Edited by markavfc40

Norwich won't catch us. They might get one result. They won't get two and take four points. I also don't see Cardiff winning two of their last 3 so I don't see them catching us. Sunderland and Fulham are the worry for me. I think Fulham could win two of their last 3 and I think Sunderland could take 7 points from their last 4.

We are though in terms of chances of being relegated in a very strong position. 35 could well keep us up but that would mean 4 defeats on the spin and likely take away our goal difference advantage.  A point and the goal difference not taking a battering would most likely be enough. Anymore than a point and we will definitely be safe for me.

What I dread is going into the last game still in with a shout of going down. I don't think my 40 year old ticker could take it.

it should be used to it by now....

• Like 1

tbh I'd rather see Liverpool win than Citeh or Chelski. Gerrard, for one, deserves it and they're entertaining to watch. but I'm rooting for them more for Villa reasons, so I'm really bummed it's 2-3 atm  :blink: