Relegation battle 13-14

Dodgyknees

Looking at our complete lack of squad, I am concerned about how we can cope. A few top performers from last season already look leggy. Luna, Tonev and other new signings look like they need 6 months to gel and it might be too late.

Our lack of a squad and quality in the middle is a massive gamble.

We could be in for a long battle.

After a Capital One Cup game.

I see.

Lack of a squad obvious, these players are back up for the league!

Not really a lack of squad to be honest, we have 25 players, but our squad is certainly not better than Spurs squad.

Either way I think we threw tonight's game a bit but it has no impact on relegation.

We will be fine this year.

We're **** next season though. Another round of inexperienced kids isn't going to keep us up when we don't have Benteke banging them in against the odds.

Problem is, any injuries and we are screwed. Lowton is the polar opposite of last season's Lowton, Weimann the same, Westwood not quite on form. Edited by dodgyknees

We're **** next season though. Another round of inexperienced kids isn't going to keep us up when we don't have Benteke banging them in against the odds.

I think we've done the right thing in bringing Helenius and Kovac in this summer, they'll be the forwards when Benteke leaves, and we'll have a few bob to spend on that creative mid

• Like 2

I try to look up after saturday's win, but tonight's performance was so poor and pedestrian.

If Benteke is out for a long time we are well and truly ****. That could happen so whilst that remains a possibility, so does relegation in my opinion. Sorry to be so negative. I really don't think we should be so bold as to say this team has improved in any way since last year, as it patently hasnt.

Backup players come in when senior players need a rest or are suspended/injured. There's a big difference to ask a squad player to come in and fill a gap in the first team - and sticking all of them out on the pitch at once.

Had Benteke been on the end of one of the good balls Albrighton put in tonight the game could have been very different, and we'd be going on about how great cover we have that Albrighton can come in and produce goals. 

The papers will bang on about how we missed Benteke. I'd say we missed Benteke, Wiemann, Gabby, Delph, Westwood, Luna and Guzan. Tough people to replace. I'll start to get as panicky as you when we have Benteke, Wiemann, Gabby, Delph, Westwood, Luna and Guzan all out injured at the same time. Until then, I don't think our squad is THAT bad and there are still a few players who can come in and do a good job.

Saying that, we do need a home win.. the atmosphere there is going to start getting very sour and it doesn't help the players.

• Like 3

I think we've done the right thing in bringing Helenius and Kovac in this summer, they'll be the forwards when Benteke leaves, and we'll have a few bob to spend on that creative mid

Considering Downing and Young were traded for N'Zogbia, I wouldn't hold my breath. We might just afford a few million here and there.

Overreactions galore.... 

We have a much better squad than last season. The side that played today would never play in the league in this composition. Put one or two of our starters into that line-up and the outcome could have been vastly different. UTV! In Lambert we trust. 

Overreactions galore....

We have a much better squad than last season. The side that played today would never play in the league in this composition. Put one or two of our starters into that line-up and the outcome could have been vastly different. UTV! In Lambert we trust.

Much better squad? I can't see it, we have a few might who might come good, bodies doesn't equal a better squad.

Secondly, we have a lot of last season's good performers looking very leggy and Lowton looks awful. They had something to prove last season, now they have made the step up they have relaxed I think.