QPR New Stadium

andykeenan

Gotta keep up with the times new grounds now sure older generation be really sad history etc. Loftus Road is 18,00 can't compete

Translation please

• Like 1

Yeah, they sold out pretty much every game when they were in the prem.

Wigan sold out most if not every game in there first season in the prem, it soon droppped off.

I just don't get what Fernandes is trying to achieve with this, to me he comes across as a bloke who is trying to show he has big dick when all he has is your average size todger, if qpr have a waiting list for season tickets, having a bigger stadium makes sense, but they don't and are competing in an area with 2 other premier league clubs and a city with dozens of professional clubs

You can't compare apples with oranges though.   Wigan is a fairly small town without a tradition of football fifteen miles from Manchester and fifteen miles from Liverpool.  They can't really pull in out of town fans and the ones who do live there have four of the biggest clubs in the country virtually on their doorstep. 

QPR on the other hand play in a city which is home to almost  8.5 million people. 

Edited by The_Rev

You can't compare apples with oranges though. Wigan is a fairly small town without a tradition of football fifteen miles from Manchester and fifteen miles from Liverpool. They can't really pull in out of town fans and the ones who do live there have four of the biggest clubs in the country virtually on their doorstep.

QPR on the other hand play in a city which is home to almost 8.5 million people.

Its a fair comment about Wigan being able to attract fans, yes they come from a small town but they did, for 1 season at least pull 27,000 to the jjb, what happened to those 10k fans that stopped going after that first season?

For qpr to pull in the sort of attendances that this new stadium has they will need to out perform the other clubs in there area of London to make them attractive to your fair weather fan

The thing with these clubs building new grounds is they only see this through best case scenario spectacles.

With respect QPR have been in the premier league for two of the past 20 seasons or something like that. West Ham are also a club that have been in the championship for 3 of the past 10 seasons.

Are QPR really going to fill a 40k ground playing championship football on a Tuesday at home to Doncaster, no chance. For the Olympic stadium to work, West Ham simply can't afford to go down (do they move in next summer or the one after?). I think that's part of the reason they're keeping Big Sam on. I know they're poor at the minute but he never relegates teams from the prem. But yeah 60k fans turning up for championship games isn't going to happen.

The support London teams get is overestimated. Arsenal are the biggest club in London and they rarely sell out the emirates now, Chelsea's crowds would drop if they finished out of the top 4 for a year or two. Probably only Spurs have a legit case given WHL is only 36k and they could fit a lot more in.

Fair play to them. I guess to stand any chance of getting anything like 35k - 40k regularly they would need a certain level of relative success which would mean at the very least being in the Premier League. Shows ambition and can't fault any club for doing that.

Â