Wigan Sack Coyle

andykeenan

Have to say Martinez is changing my opinion of him at Everton. Didn't get the Wigan hype, but think he's doing a great job at Everton. Be interesting to see how they get on v Man U this week.

Have to agree here.

He has taken the same squad Moyes left (Minus one of their best players) and has improved them. You have to say that is impressive.

Agree.  I'd go as far as to say Lukaku is the best finisher Everton have had since Gary Lineker.  He might be the first player to do 20 league goals in a season for them since Gary Lineker too. 

• 1 month later...

No Wigan thread so I said I'd put this here.

They've got a stone feature on the wall outside the stadium saying FA Cup Final Wigan 1 - 0  Man City.

Then underneath this it say's "Dave Whelan 53 years later FA Cup Winner".

What a **************.

The worst thing is, it was apparently sent by the FA...But Dave didn't let his usual modesty get in the way

But whilst one plaque recognises the final itself, I think it’s a lovely gesture by the FA to produce another which references our Chairman’s personal affinity with the cup and the journey he had from 1961 all the way to 2013.

“He is delighted with them, and as soon as he saw them he insisted they be positioned at the front of the stadium so that everyone has the chance to see them.”

243296006.jpg

Edited by Davkaus

• 10 months later...

Coyle gone to the MLS

“I’ve been watching Houston Dynamo for many years and I know the atmosphere of the supporters"

:lol:

MLS has no sponsor, so at least in his interviews he won't be talking about what an honor it is to be managing in the McDonald's MLS league or whatever.

• Like 1

Around 2010 I'd have been very happy with Coyle as Villa manager, his stock has fallen very quickly.

Similar to (down town) Phil Brown. Stock has plummeted, yet his tan still remains.

Edited by roonst83

Â