Weekends football 30 Nov/1 Dec

andykeenan

Bale rescued them so many times last season with late, individual goals. They have nobody else in the team to replace him. Naturally, with a player that, good any team would struggle, but Spurs have brought in players for high figures who have yet to perform. Can see AVB sacked if Spurs lose today. Especially if they concede a lot of goals. United will have their tails up after beating Leverkusen.

I actually think Spurs will beat United today or it will be a predictable 1-1 draw.  United will be 10 pts behind Arsenal if they loose. I dont think this current united team is good enough to pull that back.

Re: Bale, you can see with that quality, how he won so many games for Spurs last year. They miss him at the moment as nobody else is doing that for them.

But Spuds have the best player that has ever lived, in Andros "Towny" Townsend.

(Dropped in favour of Aaron Lennon today much to the commentator's dismay)

• Like 2

Hull owner Assem Allam: Critics 'can die as soon as they want'

Hull owner Assem Allam has told fans "they can die as soon as they want" in response to protests about his plans to change the club's name.

Allam, who took over in 2010, infuriated some supporters with his idea to rebrand the club Hull Tigers.

The Hull fans have formed a campaign group called City Till We Die. 

But Allam told the Independent:  "They can die as soon as they want, as long as they leave the club for the majority who just want to watch good football."

The 74-year-old Egypt-born businessman, who moved to Hull in 1968, first announced in August the company name had changed from Hull City AFC to Hull City Tigers, ending a part of the Yorkshire club's name which has been in effect since their formation in 1904.

Allam stated a Tigers brand would be more marketable, and considered the word "City" to be "lousy" and "common".

A number of supporters protested during the game against Crystal Palace last week by unfurling a banner which read "We are Hull City".

But the owner added: "How can they call themselves fans, these hooligans, this militant minority, when they disturb and distract the players while taking away the rights of others to watch the football, and of companies who have paid good money for advertising?"

When Hull were relegated from the Premier League in 2010 they were thought to be approximately £35m in debt but Allam insists he will walk away from the club immediately if the criticism of his proposals continues

"I'm a simple man," he said. "Do they want me to stay? If it's, 'No thank you', fine, in 24 hours the club is for sale, I do not put in one more pound and hopefully things happen quickly."

The owner has already offered to refund season ticket holders who are unhappy with the name changes.

Phil Brown, who managed Hull in the Premier League during three years in charge at KC Stadium, told the BBC's Match of the Day Extra programme: "It's a strange atmosphere at the stadium.

"You expect excitement in the Premier League and there is not that in the air, just animosity.

"The owners do not understand the heritage in this country, they need to understand the needs of the fans.

"You can't say what this guy says, it is just improper.

"Steve Bruce has to prepare for a Premier League game and now has to manage the guy above him. He knows in his heart of hearts Dr Allam has said the wrong thing.

"The supporters kept the club in the Premier League. Without them there was no chance of us surviving in that season."

Didnt want to start a new thread for this, but, what a nutjob this bloke is. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25174266

Â