Weekends football 30 Nov/1 Dec

andykeenan

I know they're flavour of the month but there's a lot to admire about how Southampton have recovered from where they were 4 years ago. I'd gladly take a point down there and look to beat Fulham.

4 years ago hey, taken some time to get to where they are then?

Four years of regression from us too. Wonder why our chairman was so slow to react?

I'd be shocked if it took Southampton any quicker to progress mind, it isn't like there is a quick promotion available.

I know they're flavour of the month but there's a lot to admire about how Southampton have recovered from where they were 4 years ago. I'd gladly take a point down there and look to beat Fulham.

Four years of regression from us too. Wonder why our chairman was so slow to react?

I'd be shocked if it took Southampton any quicker to progress mind, it isn't like there is a quick promotion available.

Comparing Southampton's regression to ours is simply laughable.

Well shit, everyone gets it right all the time.

You're seeing things and not for the first time.

Enlighten me. The situations aren't even closely comparable. The only similarity is both clubs got worse.

but Southampton are THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD

Who said that? Oh look, Stefan is trolling.

Again :)

Enlighten me. The situations aren't even closely comparable. The only similarity is both clubs got worse.

How hard is it to see four years of regression from us, four of progression from them. Is it really that hard or are you trying to argue again. We just need your buddy to turn up now.

How hard is it to see four years of regression from us, four of progression from them. Is it really that hard or are you trying to argue again. We just need your buddy to turn up now.

First quote: Satire darling. Not a dig. Much like the Andros Townsend BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD joke that people make on VT. But you wouldn't cause an argument would you? :)

Second quote: I think you've completely missed my point as much as you think I've missed yours.

Us and Southampton have regressed. Yes, I've accepted that. That's where the similarities end completely. The regression's are entirely incomparable.

And I'll take any criticism of me with a pinch of salt from a bloke who created a relegation thread, in September after a cup game :)

Edited by StefanAVFC

First quote: Satire darling. Not a dig. Much like the Andros Townsend BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD joke that people make on VT. But you wouldn't cause an argument would you? :)

Second quote: I think you've completely missed my point as much as you think I've missed yours.

Us and Southampton have regressed. Yes, I've accepted that. That's where the similarities end completely. The regression's are entirely incomparable.

And I'll take any criticism of me with a pinch of salt from a bloke who created a relegation thread, in September after a cup game :)

Seriously?

Southampton have progressed, we have regressed.

End.

Apologies, I thought you were talking about Southampton's tumble down the leagues and comparing it to our regression. Which, to be fair, it did look like and you've been comparing us to Southampton (pretty randomly) recently.

Apologies, I thought you were talking about Southampton's tumble down the leagues and comparing it to our regression. Which, to be fair, it did look like and you've been comparing us to Southampton (pretty randomly) recently.

Southampton were mismanaged far worse than we have been and that is saying something.  :thumb:

Thankfully our slight regression won't end up with us 10 minutes from going out of business and at some point there will be an upturn. :)

Exactly. But saying that, if we did 'do a Southampton', I think we'd do the same sort of thing as them. Use our academy players and move back up. Would give us reason to blood them.

Yeah that is true, I think we are doing it a much harder way though, which might work out better as we could end up with some very mentally tough players.

• Like 1

Â