Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

At least that line up looks attacking. Id rather we lose 2-0 and try and attack then lose 2-0 sitting back eventually conceding. A proper midfield destroyer is really blatant.

Very true. :P

But do you mean important?

I don't think Hoolahan is likely.

I genuinely can't make my mind up either way.  For me it's 50/50.

I don't think Randy will stretch to 50/50 - it all seems a bit high given budget restrictions.

Maybe 10/10 ;)

Edited by Pez1974
  • Like 1

Has holt come in to replace benteke?

I'd be amazed if Bertrand has come in to be cover to Luna like Holt.

It seems Lambert can do no wrong again. If he's got a limited budget then he needs to make better decisions. I'm not expecting him to get everything right but you can't excuse massive gaps in the squad while still replacing areas of the squad where Lambert has previously signed 6 players to play in them.

There's nothing concrete to suggest that Bertrand is now replacing Luna, not least because it's just a loan.

Who said Lambert can do no wrong?

Well he seems to have no responsibility for poor signings and his main supporters seem to have little issue with performances or results. So I'd be interested to hear what they think he does do wrong as you rarely read it.

I haven't seen anyone on here claim he doesn't have any responsibility for poor signings.

Not sure what you mean by "his supporters". I wasn't aware that having a different opinion to you on results and performances automatically made someone a "Lambert supporter".

It's on here quite a lot, I just think some people choose to ignore it.

As a Lambert supporter I'm referring to those who still have faith in him and believe we will succeed in the future under Lambert. Not trying to be funny or insulting.

I'm fully aware of the difficult constraints but I don't feel you can continue to use that as an excuse when he continues to bring in players in positions he's already bought at least 2 players for.

I think Bertrand is a good signing, not a big fan of loans but now you have to question how money has been spent.

At least that line up looks attacking. Id rather we lose 2-0 and try and attack then lose 2-0 sitting back eventually conceding. A proper midfield destroyer is really blatant.

LOL. Yep. Its almost 2am after a long Friday night drinks session. Woops.

By the way rumours of a second signing possibly today....... interesting indeed.

As a Lambert supporter I'm referring to those who still have faith in him and believe we will succeed in the future under Lambert. Not trying to be funny or insulting.

I'm fully aware of the difficult constraints but I don't feel you can continue to use that as an excuse when he continues to bring in players in positions he's already bought at least 2 players for.

I think Bertrand is a good signing, not a big fan of loans but now you have to question how money has been spent.

No one's using it as an "excuse", it just needs to be taken into account when evaluating his purchases and how much responsibility he bears for them.

It seems Lambert can do no wrong again. If he's got a limited budget then he needs to make better decisions. I'm not expecting him to get everything right but you can't excuse massive gaps in the squad while still replacing areas of the squad where Lambert has previously signed 6 players to play in them.

There's nothing concrete to suggest that Bertrand is now replacing Luna, not least because it's just a loan.

Well he seems to have no responsibility for poor signings and his main supporters seem to have little issue with performances or results. So I'd be interested to hear what they think he does do wrong as you rarely read it.

I haven't seen anyone on here claim he doesn't have any responsibility for poor signings.

Not sure what you mean by "his supporters". I wasn't aware that having a different opinion to you on results and performances automatically made someone a "Lambert supporter".

You need two options for every position.

Bennett and Kozák have long term injuries so Lambert had brought in short term replacements to see out to the end of the season.

Nothing wrong with that.

I am concerned about Lambert. His tactics concern me; and his hit rate on signings concern me.

But I don't think we should get rid - that would be too expensive and we need stability to progress.

I understand (and am frustrated by) the financial constraints he is working under, and think his appraoch is correct, albeit with a few cock-ups along the way. But to judge someone in the most difficult phase of his job here is somewhat unfair, and if the club think they have to spend a few years putting right previous mistakes, why would you throw it all away when we are 11th?

By the way rumours of a second signing possibly today....... interesting indeed.

What have you heard? ITKKK

No one's using it as an "excuse", it just needs to be taken into account when evaluating his purchases and how much responsibility he bears for them.

It also needs to be recognised that not only does not every transfer work out but when you are having to spend relatively small amounts on players then it's likely that more players will either not work out or need patience.

• Like 2

Interesting to see the reactions about Bertrand on here. It has been a bit bleak on here and I'm going to look at the positives.

No one really saw this coming and when I checked the official site today I had to do a double take. I think it quite exciting and posting it here because I think it might be a good sign for transfers in general. We all were getting to the point o assuming nothing was happening and this shows the club can be working on a quality signing without us or the press knowing.

Yes, he is not an AM CM DM CB but I don't think this rules other deals out. Do we know the loan deal? It's not like Chelsea are strapped. Also, having a good LB can only help our CB pairing

It's a good point that PL is on a 3rd LB signing (although a loan) but

-Bennett is not fully back

-Aren't we tired of sticking CB or midfielders as cover when theLB is injured

-who was our last accepted "good" LB? I would guess most of us would go back to Bouma which was ages ago. All of our managers have had woeful LB choices of late. Shorey, Luke Young wrong footed, Lichaj wrong footed, Warnock who started good but fell apart

Hopefully we bring in atleast a AM/CM of some form. Another CB would be great but no one could have know. Okore being as fit as he was would get messed up.

Yesterday we were talking about Morel and his bloopers reel. This shows me that refreshing the page might bring that surprise we all are longing for.

You need two options for every position.

Bennett and Kozák have long term injuries so Lambert had brought in short term replacements to see out to the end of the season.

Nothing wrong with that.

In the pics of Holt on the OS of his first training I'm pretty sure Bennett is in some doing the training as well.

What have you heard? ITKKK

Just twitter BS. Howard Hodgson who called the Bertrand signing says theres no more signings today but 1 more left in the window. Hoolahan or a back up option if they cant get him.

Edited by KSV

Â