Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Has holt come in to replace benteke?

I'd be amazed if Bertrand has come in to be cover to Luna like Holt.

It seems Lambert can do no wrong again. If he's got a limited budget then he needs to make better decisions. I'm not expecting him to get everything right but you can't excuse massive gaps in the squad while still replacing areas of the squad where Lambert has previously signed 6 players to play in them.

There's nothing concrete to suggest that Bertrand is now replacing Luna, not least because it's just a loan.

Who said Lambert can do no wrong?

Well he seems to have no responsibility for poor signings and his main supporters seem to have little issue with performances or results. So I'd be interested to hear what they think he does do wrong as you rarely read it.

If you rarely read on Villatalk what Lambert does wrong then you are on different forum than I.

Edited by bose
  • Like 1

Has holt come in to replace benteke?

I'd be amazed if Bertrand has come in to be cover to Luna like Holt.

It seems Lambert can do no wrong again. If he's got a limited budget then he needs to make better decisions. I'm not expecting him to get everything right but you can't excuse massive gaps in the squad while still replacing areas of the squad where Lambert has previously signed 6 players to play in them.

There's nothing concrete to suggest that Bertrand is now replacing Luna, not least because it's just a loan.

Well he seems to have no responsibility for poor signings and his main supporters seem to have little issue with performances or results. So I'd be interested to hear what they think he does do wrong as you rarely read it.

I haven't seen anyone on here claim he doesn't have any responsibility for poor signings.

Not sure what you mean by "his supporters". I wasn't aware that having a different opinion to you on results and performances automatically made someone a "Lambert supporter".

It's on here quite a lot, I just think some people choose to ignore it.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

What the **** are "Lambert supporters" anyway? Surely you mean Villa fans?

I can't believe people still peddle this shite out.

I guess it's the opposite of "moaners"?

Your either a Lambert Lover or a Lambert Loather

There is no middle ground

Now we've got the left hand side sorted, and the back up to Benteke, we just need that one who can play in the hole......

we need more than that. Kea,westwood and sylla all need replacing

I'd rather they sent Luna back and kept Joe tbh. Luna started ok but has gone backwards

Joe had started to pick up his form at the end of last season lets not forget

I agree but i cant see anyone coming in for Luna. Where as Bennett was rated by Boro.

Why are we always arguing with each other? Were all Villa fans. If we disagree.. we disagree and move on.. no need to try to convince anyone. Lets just get behind the team. Lambert wont be sacked.. we all know this now. Lets move on and stop arguing. Up the Villa. Feeling confident of a 3-2 Villa win against the Pool.

• Like 4

In reality, no-one has. It's the accusation thrown when you refuse to be as negative as someone wants you to be. It always has been, going back to MON "the messiah"(sic).

Which, in this case, is to be negative about literally everything that ever happens at the club.

Its almost like there's no one on here who is endlessly positive no matter what happens too.

Now we've got the left hand side sorted, and the back up to Benteke, we just need that one who can play in the hole......

I'm not so sure.

I think some or all of those three could be much better in a real midfield.

Their problem is they're all usually played together (or with Dekph) and they all play the same position.

With a real AM in there I think all of them would be better.

Basically I wouldn't want to write any of them off yet.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure.

Their problem is they're all usually played together (or with Dekph) and they all play the same position.

From what I have seen from those 3 im not so sure. .....

Why are we always arguing with each other? Were all Villa fans. If we disagree.. we disagree and move on.. no need to try to convince anyone. Lets just get behind the team. Lambert wont be sacked.. we all know this now. Lets move on and stop arguing. Up the Villa. Feeling confident of a 3-2 Villa win against the Pool.

Because people like conflict...

• Like 1

I'm not so sure.

We just need a creative central midfielder.  It would solve so many problems.  Delph can then play the engine role that he's clearly suited to and Westwood can sit back and distribute sensibly.

A world-beating midfield it ain't, but it has the right components in the right places and would have proper balance.

• Like 1

Because people like conflict...

Fair point. lol

In reality, no-one has. It's the accusation thrown when you refuse to be as negative as someone wants you to be. It always has been, going back to MON "the messiah"(sic).

Which, in this case, is to be negative about literally everything that ever happens at the club.

Its almost like there's no one on here who is endlessly positive no matter what happens too.

There's more than one. They're also annoying in their extreme view.

The point is, most of us sit somewhere in the middle with relatively balanced views. Some are more skewed towards the positive, some towards the negative, but whatever.

But because of the aformentioned extreme views, dare you disagree or question mr positive/negative on their extreme view, you get labelled as someone with "blind faith" or "overly negative", I've been called both, which doesn't make sense.

Normally, neither is true (although, like I said, there are a few who do fit those criteria). But everything's south of north, so that's what happens.

• Like 3

so far then... what do we have.. i personally think we will also get Hoolahan on deadline day.. we will increase our offer and get him. So i will add him the sake of adding him or another AM?

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Bertrand

Bacuna   Delph 

Albrighton            Agbonlahor   

Hoolahan

Benteke

To me we still need a good DM. Would prefer a better AM but i dont think we will get a good one till the summer. Survive and get a better one then. Possibly Kiyotake on a free if Nuremburg get relegated. (He has a release clause).

At least that line up looks attacking. Id rather we lose 2-0 and try and attack then lose 2-0 sitting back eventually conceding. A proper midfield destroyer is really blatant.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

Â