Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I'd rather have Given inbetween the sticks than Steer tbh. Offering him a five year deal at around 50k a week was madness, but he would still offer more than Steer currently does.

A far higher wage to sit around not playing?  Er, yeah... no thanks.

From the displays I've seen Steer produce I would say he would struggle in goal in the Championship, btw Given has been doing a stellar job at Boro in the last few weeks.

Which is why we play Brad Guzan.  I'd rather not be doing a Q.P.R. Julio Cesar/Rob Green thing.

O.k say Guzan gets injured would you be happy relying on Steer in the Premier League?? The QPR situation is madness, somehow Rob Green is keeping Brazil's number one out of the team in WC year.

Not sure I'd be happy relying on Given either.

Some more bulltwit flying around about us being after Jordan Rhodes at Blackburn.

He won't go for less than £10m, not a chance. As Gary Bowyer said, they paid £8m for him and he has scored 43 goals in 66 appearances, more this calendar year than Suarez. Surely they should be asking for at least £12m, if not more.

Edited by samjp26

Jordan Rhodes is not worth it.  Will be way overpriced.

Hardly overpriced considering he has consistently scored goals for the last 4 years and he is only 23.

If we created the chances for a striker like Rhodes, we would have kept Bent, I'm sure.

Hardly overpriced considering he has consistently scored goals for the last 4 years and he is only 23.

If we created the chances for a striker like Rhodes, we would have kept Bent, I'm sure.

I don't think we'll get him, but I don't think he is overpriced if they are indeed asking for £10m+ considering they paid £8m themselves.

I don't think we'll get him, but I don't think he is overpriced if they are indeed asking for £10m+ considering they paid £8m themselves.

When you put it like that it's a fair price for them to ask, I just don't think he's worth anywhere near that to us at the moment.

Â