Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I think some decent options would be:

De Bruyne (loan)

Ibrahim Traore

Popov 

McDonald Mariga (Know he is on loan just now, so not sure if he could be recalled and sold, etc)

Michael Bradley (I know he looked poor in his limited appearances before, but he could really be a stalwart in the midfield and has matured vastly over the last 2/3 seasons)

I think we'd improve leaps and bounds in midfield with something along the lines of:

Mariga

Popov Delph

or

Bradley Delph

De Bruyne/Popov

Now if only tightwad Lerner would sanction something like this. 

Edited by LockStockVilla
  • Like 1

De Brunye - on loan

Richards - on loan, with view to signing

Anderson - must be available for about 3-4mill. (i don't think he is outstanding, but does get forward from midfield, better than what we have, and is surely available)

So with our current injuries you could play
                      Guzan

Lowton   Richards   Clark   Luna

Delph   Westwood

De Brunye   Anderson    Agbonlahor

Kozak

With Richards going to right back when Vlarr back, and Big CB up top.

Edited by philwhitters

I do think De Bruyne could be a serious possibility - Jose rates him by the sounds of things but as it stands he isn't quite breaking into the first team; he is very good friends with Benteke, he needs to solidify his place for the World Cup and most importantly he needs to be playing in a top league. 

Would be a good stop-gap signing until the Summer, we won't be able to buy a player of his quality any time soon and I'd rather not loan somebody who isn't quite proven to be a good player as we have plenty of those already.

De Bruyne in my opinion will have better offers than us.. can't see that happening.

Nor Anderson... Nor Richards.

none of them are coming to us why are people talking rubbish the most we will spend in jan will be 2 million I sent pat murphy a message on twitter he says villa have no money to spend and lambert knows that

Without Benteke on form, we look pretty toothless and you can't see that changing dramatically in the foreseeable. De Bruyne could be the catalyst, obviously, but are we clutching at straws thinking he'd come to us? In fact we might be clutching at straws thinking anyone of any note would fancy a move to B6.

I think we might be going with what we've got tbh and it is'nt good enough by any means.

De Bruyne in my opinion will have better offers than us.. can't see that happening.

none of them are coming to us why are people talking rubbish the most we will spend in jan will be 2 million I sent pat murphy a message on twitter he says villa have no money to spend and lambert knows that

Ah yes Pat Murphy, that chap who's far more ITK than our own (proven) HairyHands who says we're looking to get loans in as well as a creative midfielder. 

Edited by KjParton

Ah yes Pat Murphy, that chap who's far more ITK than our own (proven) HairyHands who says we're looking to get loans in as well as a creative midfielder.
I don't know anyone more mate than that is hairy hands on twitter ??

Anderson debryune and Richards ain't going to come to us

Remember we are talking loans but I agree on Debryune at least. Anderson isn't creative.

It makes sense to take out loans. We pay a player 60k for 20 weeks = 1.2 million. If that keeps us in the Premiership it will be worth it as opposed to paying 1.2 million on some unproven lower league player.

Anderson would be extremely exciting in my opinion. His career has stagnated and he needs a change of scenery in my opinion.

His reputation is very low around the country, but that is mostly due to the fact that he is always injured. When on form and when playing he is capable of matching the best in the league, but we all know the competition at United has been high and again, he is often injured when he gets a run of games. It's a bit like the situation we had with Delph. He was injured and everyone wrote him off, but as soon as he managed to actually play a few games it became a lot better. Anderson has confidence, he strides forward with the ball and he is very good at hitting hard passes on the deck into the wingers running with pace. We don't have a single player capable of doing that. Another thing with him is that he is only 25 years old, one year older than Delph for example.

Taking him into the books would be a huge gamble, due to his fitness and general tendency to pick up injuries. The upside would be very exciting though, and he's a crowd pleaser, our team lacks any kind of flair and we're painfully predictable. Why not put in a loan bid and see what happens?

• Like 2

Â