Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Books are balanced and in the summer we will be losing huge contracts in Ireland, Hutton and given and potentially two more in nzogbia and bent.

So if the books are balanced with those players on the books still what's stopping us offering those wages to new players this summer?

Oh and i see it's gone quiet from a couple of posters.

Edited by Big_John_10

Parzyszek was rated pretty well a couple of years ago.. Also good on Fm2011 iirc (maybe 2010)... If he's cheap then I don't see why not... as long as we get a CAM and a CDM (Regula?) then we are looking good....

On the Paulo Regula link it seems to obscure to be untrue knowing Lambert... Like Yacouba Sylla last January!

Really think Lambert needs to try to convince De Bruyne to come on loan here then have Benteke persuade him to stay. I don't think De Bruyne will get serious first team minutes at Chelsea any time soon. Exactly the type of player we need in our squad to keep ascending the table. 

Books are balanced and in the summer we will be losing huge contracts in Ireland, Hutton and given and potentially two more in nzogbia and bent.

So if the books are balanced with those players on the books still what's stopping us offering those wages to new players this summer?

Oh well we're not going to spend loads of money, after months and even years of knowing it people STILL moaning. Run along mention Doug and change teams to one that spends loads of money if it bothers you that much.

Well, we may just do that. There's no point moaning at the chairman for something he hasn't done yet. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

I think they just lost their ability to look into the future.

Well, we may just do that. There's no point moaning at the chairman for something he hasn't done yet.

That wasn't a moan it was a question to the few who are getting their excuses in early.

I think they just lost their ability to look into the future.

They didn't need to. They just needed to not use the excuses made 2 years ago.

That wasn't a moan it was a question to the few who are getting their excuses in early.

Ah okay I mis-read.

But yeah, I do hope that once those high earners are cleared off the books then Lerner will let Lambert use those wages on a better calibre of player than the ones he's been buying. 

If not, then.... you do have to wonder what Lerner wants to achieve as being chairman of this club. 

Ah okay I mis-read.

But yeah, I do hope that once those high earners are cleared off the books then Lerner will let Lambert use those wages on a better calibre of player than the ones he's been buying.

If not, then.... you do have to wonder what Lerner wants to achieve as being chairman of this club.

Yep this summer we will be in an ideal situation to really show some ambition. There's nothing holding us back and it will send a real message about what our figure plans really are.

Ah okay I mis-read.

Yep this summer we will be in an ideal situation to really show some ambition. There's nothing holding us back and it will send a real message about what our figure plans really are.

Umm. Isn't that the exact argument they are making?

That he is cutting out the deadwood, building a squad, and will start making a push back up the table when it is financially viable?

Whether or not this actually happens, and I have my doubts about us ever going after big wage players again under Learner, nothing you have posted in anyway refutes their argument. If anything it supports it.

Ah okay I mis-read.

Umm. Isn't that the exact argument they are making?

That he is cutting out the deadwood, building a squad, and will start making a push back up the table when it is financially viable?

Whether or not this actually happens, and I have my doubts about us ever going after big wage players again under Learner, nothing you have posted in anyway refutes their argument. If anything it supports it.

Who's argument?

I think you've misread something if you think that supports justifying a lack of spending this summer.

It doesn't justify not spending this summer. It gives credence to the idea that we will spend money - either the money from the sell of Benteke or just new spending - in the summer because we will finally be in a financial position to do so.

I thought you were one of the ones arguing we would not spend this summer. I apologize if that is not the case.

BJ10, why is Given going to leave in the summer when he's still got 2 years to run on his deal? Him and Hutton will remain the two most difficult of the bomb squad to shift as I can see someone picking Bent up for a small fee and N'zogbia going abroad, Ireland is as good as gone.

I think you've misread something if you think that supports justifying a lack of spending this summer.

It doesn't justify not spending this summer. It gives credence to the idea that we will spend money - either the money from the sell of Benteke or just new spending - in the summer because we will finally be in a financial position to do so.

I thought you were one of the ones arguing we would not spend this summer. I apologize if that is not the case.

I don't know if we will or won't. I'm not a fan of lerner but i won't rule out the possibility that we will see a much better budget given to the manager this summer. I was pointing out that there really isn't reasons why we shouldn't this summer and it was mainly in response to someone who said he'd have no problems if we sold benteke and only spent a part of that money on transfer fees.

BJ10, why is Given going to leave in the summer when he's still got 2 years to run on his deal? Him and Hutton will remain the two most difficult of the bomb squad to shift as I can see someone picking Bent up for a small fee and N'zogbia going abroad, Ireland is as good as gone.

Yes sorry wrong about given.

My main point was that currently our books are balanced and we should see more big wages gone this summer so we are in a healthy situation to provide the manager with a much better budget.

When the bigger money does come, eventually....one of the things that will change, is the responsibility will shift from owner to manager.

It's one thing having the money......it's another thing spending it successfully.

Once we dispose of the bomb squad we should be about 300-400k a week better off. Giving us a chance of bringing in better quality players. We could bring in 3 players on say 50-80k a week and still be way under the money we are currently wasting

Â