Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Yes it would be but i doubt whether he would be within our transfer budget. Mind you with all the sky money coming in at the end of the season theres no reason why we cant. No good him being at Chelsea after January. I've noticed his form for Belgium has really dipped. He will want to get some game time in before the world cup! There will be a lot of clubs in for him i fear!

Think it was Matt Law from the express that reported De Bruyne has turned down our interest because we don't guarantee European football or a permanent deal.

Said he's got his heart set on Germany and Wolfsburg would pay £13 million for him.

Think it was Matt Law from the express that reported De Bruyne has turned down our interest because we don't guarantee European football or a permanent deal.

Said he's got his heart set on Germany and Wolfsburg would pay £13 million for him.

Ok but surely he just needs game time so a loan deal would be good for him.

• Like 1

Should have known you would somehow take a post limited to the specific question of whether and how a theoretical Benteke transfer fee would be reinvested and turn it into a general referendum on Lerner and bring up other reasons to have a go at him.

And what other reasons are those then?

In response to your point (he says, foolishly taking the bait)

How pathetic. If you don't want to respond don't.

what is the point of getting the big wages off the books if you're just going to replace them with new big wages? The thing that started the whole austerity movement was the fact that wages were way too high a percentage of turnover and the club were losing money hand over fist.

I would accept this argument if we were discussing this point a few years ago. But after wage cutting, more going this summer and heavily increased TV revenue I can't accept that if we sell benteke in the summer we wouldn't be in a position where we could afford to add 2/3 higher wages to the squad. If we can't then I really have to question just what level we can afford under this owner.

Getting a few players' wages off the books and turning around and spending all the saved money on other players' wages and/or transfer fees is kind of a pointless exercise if you're trying to improve that ratio, don't you think?

Yes but no one expects that. No one is expecting to sell benteke and then bring the wage bill back to what it was under Mon.

Even if Everton did spend all the Fellaini money on transfer fees (I assume you meant transfer fees since including future wages of new signings in your definition of "spent" just reiterates my point), they weren't starting from a position of needing to reduce wages to get the turnover ratio to a sustainable level.

And like I said above neither will we this summer. Your defence of lerner on this issue seems to be set 3 years in the past.

Once the wages to revenue ratio is back down to that of other financiallyhealthy clubs I will be just as upset as you if cost-cutting continues at a similar pace or Lerner tries to recoup all his investment too quickly at the expense of the quality of the squad.

We are at that level or will be this summer when benteke is sold.

Locadia's unqualities are horrible positioning, not technical for a striker (which you really need in the Prem), can't score, lazy,  no pace, can't hold the ball, while being passed he can't control the ball & every PSV thinks he doesn't belong in the first XI. I mean this dude for Benteke will be a horror deal for me at least. But maybe with the right guiding he can turn into a great footballer. But it is super risky. This will not be a suprise outcome like Bacuna was. Ludicrous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A mate has published this on a forum, not 100% sure how true it is, guy is a midfielder, just thought would pass it on here as speculation:

Portugal Sports (SSN in portugal) has reported that Paulo Regula's agent has flown to Britains second city with a view to a move.

Edited by Villan4Life

A mate has published this on a forum, not 100% sure how true it is, guy is a midfielder, just thought would pass it on here as speculation:

Portugal Sports (SSN in portugal) has reported that Paulo Regula's agent has flown to Britains second city with a view to a move.

All-round, ball-winning dominant midfielder, haven't seen him this season though to be fair.

Don't know why somebody would make it up, typical obscure Lambert signing.

Welcome to the club, Paulo!

Probably not, he is on loan in the Portugese 2nd division. Saying that, I don't see any point in judging how well a player can do for us till they get here anymore, I'd give Lambert's signings a chance even if they came from the Ryman leagues.

Edit:

He was on loan last season, my bad, back in the top league of Portugal now.

Honestly couldn't give an opinion, I just know he was a prospect at Vitoria. I believe his playing style was similar to somebody like Delph.

Somebody try and find some recent YouTube clips!

Edited by samjp26

What a surprise.

So il_serpente said

Once the wages to revenue ratio is back down to that of other financiallyhealthy clubs I will be just as upset as you if cost-cutting continues at a similar pace or Lerner tries to recoup all his investment too quickly at the expense of the quality of the squad

At the recent meeting between the fans and PF it was said that

With the increased income from Premier League TV rights, and the decrease in total player remuneration being addressed, the books are now balanced and in surplus subject to league position. We're FFP compliant 

So can we stop this blatant rubbish in order to defend the future lack of spending from the owner?

Locadia's unqualities are horrible positioning, not technical for a striker (which you really need in the Prem), can't score, lazy, no pace, can't hold the ball, while being passed he can't control the ball & every PSV thinks he doesn't belong in the first XI. I mean this dude for Benteke will be a horror deal for me at least. But maybe with the right guiding he can turn into a great footballer. But it is super risky. This will not be a suprise outcome like Bacuna was. Ludicrous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side-note, the way your fans comforted the players after your mauling by Chelsea B Vitesse at the weekend was nice to see. Kudos!

Edited by Isa

Locadia's unqualities are horrible positioning, not technical for a striker (which you really need in the Prem), can't score, lazy, no pace, can't hold the ball, while being passed he can't control the ball & every PSV thinks he doesn't belong in the first XI. I mean this dude for Benteke will be a horror deal for me at least. But maybe with the right guiding he can turn into a great footballer. But it is super risky. This will not be a suprise outcome like Bacuna was. Ludicrous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side-note, the way your fans comforted the players after your mauling by Chelsea B Vitesse at the weekend was nice to see. Kudos!

You haven't seen the end of the Europa League match last night did you? Fans mauled all the players! Lol.

Edited by SempiternalVillain

You haven't seen the end of the Europa League match last night did you? Fans mauled all the players! Lol.

I did not. Sounds like the patience has come to an abrupt end then... ;)

Can't blame them I guess, the wheels really have come off.

What a surprise.

So il_serpente said

Once the wages to revenue ratio is back down to that of other financiallyhealthy clubs I will be just as upset as you if cost-cutting continues at a similar pace or Lerner tries to recoup all his investment too quickly at the expense of the quality of the squad

At the recent meeting between the fans and PF it was said that

With the increased income from Premier League TV rights, and the decrease in total player remuneration being addressed, the books are now balanced and in surplus subject to league position. We're FFP compliant 

So can we stop this blatant rubbish in order to defend the future lack of spending from the owner?

It's is obvious that Lerner does not have or want the funds to make us competitive in the league and PL will have to make do with buying plenty of bargain basement players in the hope one of them turns out to be a gem. It's a real shame.

Why does it matter if we are FFP compliant I thought that only affected teams in the European competitions and is obviously very easy to fiddle anyway?

I mean may be £3M for a playmaker in Jan is quite pathetic really on the administration of our Club!

Â