What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

Anyone ever changed a radiator in their car? My Yaris needs a new one and the garage want £150 for it. I can buy one on eBay for £35 and fit it myself for nothing. I've ordered a Haynes manual, but just wondering whether it's something the average Joe can do. I've looked on YouTube etc and it doesn't look too bad.

I've done it on older cars and it is one of the more straightforward jobs, just needing a few sizes of spanner. But I'd have to confess I've never tried any work on a modern car, they're usually so jam packed that to get to one thing you're removing three others. Plus everything now has cables and management systems connected.

If it looks like there's space to get in there and work without needing three hands and the front of the car off, then it would be a truly cool string to your bow.

Didn't buy my A5 they'd sold the one I was interested in (had to specifically ask about it in the end which I didn't really want to do).

Got some idea about what they had though, and the salesman I spoke to didn't seem like too much of a word removed. But I'm sure I'll see that side of him soon enough :)

Didn't buy my A5 they'd sold the one I was interested in (had to specifically ask about it in the end which I didn't really want to do).

Got some idea about what they had though, and the salesman I spoke to didn't seem like too much of a word removed. But I'm sure I'll see that side of him soon enough :)

Oh you will, you will!

Oh you will, you will!
I saw my godfather last night.

His only piece of advice was

"Assume the Audi dealer is just one small step above a child molester"

• Like 2

Mondeos are lovely cars.

A bit too "family and kids" for me, but can't deny even the current model is a nice looking car.

There's a Vauxhall that I drove past a few weeks ago that was beautiful. But as you said, it was a bit family saloon for a 22 year old.

Let me see if I can find it. 

EDIT: An Insignia. In black. Beautiful.

Edited by StefanAVFC

This is what I want -

20superbikes2.jpg

A Dodge Tomahawk, it goes 350mph

However

1) There were only ten of them made in 2003

2) They sold for over half a million dollars

3) Although they look sturdy and that's one of the reasons I like them...I'm still unsure if I'd fit on it comfortably No dirty jokes please

EDIT -

Here's someone sitting on one to give better perspective

tomahawk2_e.jpg

I think I'd be ok, might hurt my back though leaning forward.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

imgVauxhall%20Insignia1.jpg

This one Stefan?? Have to admit it's a nice car.

Yeah again, if I had a wife and a couple of kids I'd be more than happy with that.

But for now, I want something a bit more fun.

You wouldn't be happy. You'd spend your days cruising around looking jealously at all the A4s and A5s you wished youd bought.

Â