The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Tory MP Lucy Allan fakes abusive email from constituent. She has since removed the post from her facebook account and claimed 'It wasn't her that edited it'. Think she's in trouble:

12314166_1530510113935881_37343422536122

12307362_1530510137269212_47683142038686

• Like 1

Why should she resign for making up an imaginary single letter from an imaginary person?

Ham face Cameron seems to have made up an imaginary Army of 70,000 moderate Syrian fighters and no blinked an eyelid.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jon said:

In normal circs I would say she was a gonner, but these days you do seem to be able to get away with almost anything when in parliament

Fixed - really doesn't matter which party they belong to.

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

That is staggeringly stupid, even for an MP.

I think she should be forced to resign for that. How stupid can one person be.

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times , politicians and social media really don't mix  .. you'd think they would learn by now

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Why should she resign for making up an imaginary single letter from an imaginary person?

Ham face Cameron seems to have made up an imaginary Army of 70,000 moderate Syrian fighters and no blinked an eyelid.

Pedant  but it was a real person

talking of making things up though , you seem to have made up a nickname for Cameron based on zero evidence  and just the ramblings of a man who didn't get the knighthood or whatever it was he expected

So, just so I understand this correctly Mr Cameron, the people of Canada and the people of Australia are terrorist sympathisers?

Cameron's comments tonight are absolutely disgraceful, he should be ashamed in private and shamed in public.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Cameron's comments tonight are absolutely disgraceful, he should be ashamed in private and shamed in public.

Sounds like both sides of this discussion have been pretty disgraceful.

I agree, though, that the comments of our PM to the 1922, if reported accurately, are utterly appalling.

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Apparently Corbyn supporters have been sending pictures of dead babies to Labour MPs and demanding that they vote against air strikes.

That's unpleasant. The standard of political debate in the house really is something isn't it.

10 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It's wrong to brand them all terrorist sympathisers when only a minority of them are.

That said, was he actually quoted correctly?

Which ones are?

And the quote is being carried by all of the major news outlets, so I'd assume so.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Both sides? What did I miss?

As an example, the Torygraph (also carrying the story of the same comments by Cameron to the 1922) have been suggesting that emails have been going to Labour MPs threatening deselection with comments about 'blood on the hands' and so on.

Beyond that, the whole 'debate' has largely been framed in such a way that it is about pointing towards the opposing side and saying that they're the ones going to be more responsible for making everything more dangerous. By disgraceful, I don't necessarily mean that someone has said something specific about someone else that is worse than anyone else (though I think Cameron's comments, if correct, are contemptible) but rather that the tenor of the debate has been less about coming up with a solution and more about saying how much of a problem the other lot are. That's not too much of an issue for us on a messageboard, it's a real problem for us when they're them that makes the decisions.

• Like 3

Â