Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Sorry if this had already been discussed but who do you think we are likely to keep when/if we go down? If we could keep Amavi, Okore, Veretout, Gana, Clark, Grealish, Traore and Ayew we'd surely have the making of a decent team in the Championship. Some of our new signings might look for an easy get out but how many would stay and prove their worth in England?

If Remi stays and can convince them of the bigger picture, and crucially if the board back Remi in the transfer window then who knows, we could have a decent chance next season. 

I think all the players you mention would provide the making of a decent squad in the PL if we somehow stay up! 

How many can we realisticly keep in the championship though? I think (hope) that after the injuries to Amavi and Traore, they'll stay at least for a season and pay us back. It seems we do look after our injured players very well. Although that doesn't mean they'll be loyal. Stewart Downing anyone? 

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Sorry if this had already been discussed but who do you think we are likely to keep when/if we go down? If we could keep Amavi, Okore, Veretout, Gana, Clark, Grealish, Traore and Ayew we'd surely have the making of a decent team in the Championship. Some of our new signings might look for an easy get out but how many would stay and prove their worth in England?

If Remi stays and can convince them of the bigger picture, and crucially if the board back Remi in the transfer window then who knows, we could have a decent chance next season. 

Lescott would stay on I'm sure. Gestede also. I think Gil will too. Richards? Probably not. I think Gana will move on. 

That's a hell of a team to add a decent striker to in the championship, which is why it wont happen. More of them will leave than we had hoped, but lets also hope others step up to the plate.

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Lescott would stay on I'm sure. Gestede also. I think Gil will too. Richards? Probably not. I think Gana will move on. 

That's a hell of a team to add a decent striker to in the championship, which is why it wont happen. More of them will leave than we had hoped, but lets also hope others step up to the plate.

I agree. But it's nice to hope that we could keep a few of them.

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Okay maybe not that extreme but seen as the world and his dog have written us off, at least 50-1 would seem reasonable. 

Either way, it's unlikely. 

Even the bookies know its too early to write us off. One team down the bottom always has a late run, just like one team from mid-table has a late collapse.

I keep saying it - as long as we get within 2 wins of safety with 6 games left, we have a chance. If we win on Sunday and the 3 teams above us all fail to win on Saturday (we don't even need them all to lose!), we are already within 6 points of safety, with 12 games still to play!

The problem is we keep having demoralising days where it really knocks the stuffing out of the fans, and to an extent I think the manager. Fair play to them though, the last 6 games has been solid mid-table form. If we can just convert that into top 8 form somehow then we might have a chance....

• Like 2

8 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Okay maybe not that extreme but seen as the world and his dog have written us off, at least 50-1 would seem reasonable. 

Either way, it's unlikely. 

Boyle Sports are only offering 9/2 to stay up compared to Stan James 14/1!

They may have inside information :D 

Edited by Kingman

34 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

If, big if we win our next two we'll be on the same points as that time last season.

Is that true? Thats mental. I would also say that if we won our next 2, we would almost certainly be less than 6 points from safety (not counting the fact we still have to play Newcastle).

Christ - imagine if we won our next 2 and we were only 3 points from safety. I would practically be off-loading everywhere.

Is that true? Thats mental. I would also say that if we won our next 2, we would almost certainly be less than 6 points from safety (not counting the fact we still have to play Newcastle).

Christ - imagine if we won our next 2 and we were only 3 points from safety. I would practically be off-loading everywhere.

Yep, although to keep up with last season we'd have to win our next two after that too.

2 hours ago, GeordieVillan said:

I predict a riot!

Comparing the points to last season is very misleading. The distance between us and the others is much greater. In 14/15 there was only 7 points difference across the bottom 7 clubs. This season there is 13 points. 

It could be that win the next 2 and the gap is 2 points. I'm not sure what the gap was for us at that stage?

I don't think the OP made a prediction, merely presented a fact. Though I will say that winning the next 2 would be the miracle we all hoped for weeks ago. Very unlikely indeed, but *possible*.

Â