Football Manager 2016

andykeenan

That's really the best way to find good talents at a cheap price. But isn't the dates somewhat randomized now? I haven't used that method in a while. I used to scout basically all the youth intakes manually on the day they came through, but it felt a bit too gamey after a while and it's soo powerful. I only use I when I'm desperate for an edge or want all homegrown talents, like when playing Ath Bilbao. I scout some of the intakes now with Villa but for most countries I usually wait until after they've signed a pre-contracts, so that I'm not robbing the AI completely :)

Other than that I do the u-19 leagues, a couple of selected competitions, lot's of individual nations, and every once in a while I manually scout quite a few u-21 and u-19 international sides. That's about it really. A couple of tips though, always change the budget setting to max if you're scouting a nation (If you have a low budget and leave it at default the scout will ignore all players with an asking price above your budget). I also select a low PA ceiling (3 stars at a top club, 3,5 stars elsewhere), and then scout the highest rated ones from the finished assignments fully afterwards. The initial reports are often inaccurate.

Yeah the dates do change season on season now, but tend to be around the same time. I found a list on one of the forums with regen dates and bookmarked the larger nations. The german batch has just landed, but nothing of note, and they're all at the big clubs and not wanting to move. I have always swooped in on a pre-contract due to them being bargains and stealing all the best talent. Whether i do that this time round, i don't know.

Thanks for the scouting tip, and budgets. Club scouting knowledge is only about 30% so absolutely useless at the minute, and the starting scouting team at Villa is dross!

I've got almost 30 scouts with Villa now, from every country I can find, managing them all is almost a bit too much :) Nation scouting does have that benefit of increasing scouting knowledge. Any player I scout now is usually on 80% player knowledge after one initial report, and it only takes two weeks to reach 100%

You probably know, but in case you don't; often you can sign youngsters that aren't interested initially by talking to them. I usually use the option "love to have you at the club" and then "win a trophy or two". It works for most except the players at the big clubs.

2nd tip is that you can sign any player on the spot if you offer them significantly more on the first negotiation. I don't know exactly where the sweet spot is, but like 75% increase on wage, fees & bonuses should be enough, 100% if you want to be sure. It's doesn't strain the finances too much when it's just youngsters  The advantage obviously is that they sign immediately without consider a potential offer from their club or elsewhere.

Edited by tarjei

e947764f9bf8a1b1c03616b3c576fdae.png

Got round to finishing my second season, very pleased :D

No idea how I'm going to survive in Ligue 1, surviving on loans atm. Hoping I'll start to get a bit more money in a couple seasons, providing I don't get relegated. 

Has anybody done a save starting at the bottom and seen any improvements in their own attributes? I found it frustrating in FM15 that certain attributes (discipline, motivating etc.) seemed to be impossible to increase no matter how succesful you later became.

On 1.12.2015, 17.52.57, Rds1983 said:

Has anybody done a save starting at the bottom and seen any improvements in their own attributes? I found it frustrating in FM15 that certain attributes (discipline, motivating etc.) seemed to be impossible to increase no matter how succesful you later became.

Not tried one yet, but pretty sure they fixed that. It's even improving a bit too fast.. people reporting that the stats rose significantly in the first few months, even when unemployed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tarjei said:

Not tried one yet, but pretty sure they fixed that. It's even improving a bit too fast.. people reporting that the stats rose significantly in the first few months, even when unemployed.

I guess rising too quickly is better than not at all. I hated that the only way to be top notch was to be an ex international.

Â