Lambert's Row With Norwich

Archie

http://www.telegraph...sal-demand.html

Reading this article i didn't understand one thing: if it's Lambert that walked out from Norwich, how can he demand a fee for breach of contract?

On the other hand, I have read that the it's the Norfolk club that prepares to sue him for unfair dismissal, whereas he said that there was a clause in his contract according to which he could talk with other club?

So which is the truth?

Thanks in advance to everyone that could help me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/9588366/Aston-Villa-manager-Paul-Lamberts-row-with-Norwich-City-escalates-over-2m-unfair-dismissal-demand.html

Reading this article i didn't understand one thing: if it's Lambert that walked out from Norwich, how can he demand a fee for breach of contract?

On the other hand, I have read that the it's the Norfolk club that prepares to sue him for unfair dismissal, whereas he said that there was a clause in his contract according to which he could talk with other club?

So which is the truth?

From what I remember when it all started kicking off, his contract stated that if a prem club wanted to talk to him then he'd be allowed. When we asked to they refused. Hence why we didnt have to pay them any compensation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/9588366/Aston-Villa-manager-Paul-Lamberts-row-with-Norwich-City-escalates-over-2m-unfair-dismissal-demand.html

So which is the truth?

It is very very common indeed.

To give a recent specific example from my own workplace - following a restructure the overall responsibilities of a certain Managers Post were slightly changed. The change included a slight salary reduction amongst other things. He was offered the Post with the new condition.

The Manager 'walked', and sued. As far as the employer were concerned they said he was in breach of contract, but as far as he was concerned, they were.

He won.

Another time, they may have.

It is very possible that (just as with MON) a relatively minor change of goalposts by the employer, or them failing to adhere to a relatively minotr contract term, could cause this.

It is only in football anyone could care less.

I didn't blame MON, and I don't blame PL, neither do I necessarily agree with them, it is just contracts and employment.

Paul Lambert - Norwich City are suing me

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert admits to being “disappointed” at comments made about him by Norwich chairman Alan Bowkett over his departure from Carrow Road this summer.

Bowkett told a Norwich supporters’ tribunal last night that Lambert was now taking the Canaries to tribunal and seeking £2million compensation for breach of contract and unfair dismissal.

But Lambert today revealed that he is also being sued by Norwich and retains the full backing of the League Managers’ Association.

Bowkett said: “The manner of Paul Lambert’s departure was no surprise because he has walked out on every club he has managed.

“You can’t complain because you know what you are getting, but I felt he could have left in a more dignified manner.’’

Lambert hit back and said today: “I’m extremely disappointed that senior officials at Norwich have made comments in relation to myself.

“I’ll let him (Bowkett) say what he has got to say and we’ll see what happens.

“It will go before the Premier League managers’ tribunal. The LMA are acting on my behalf. They supported me at the time and still are.

“What Norwich haven’t made public is that they are suing me.

“It is disrespectful and wrong to that tribunal for me to comment anymore. That’s the way I’m going to leave it.

“My main concern is Aston Villa.’’

Lambert added: “Am I concerned Norwich fans are only hearing one side of the story? In a word, yes.’’

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/paul_lambert_norwich_city_are_suing_me_1_1572648

Hi again lads,

Since this morning its got worse this end, some would happily punch his face in, some want him removed from Our Hall of Fame, I expect his commenrative brick in the stand's outside wall will now get defaced.

BBC Look East did a street survey on this and he's a truely hated man here now. Me? yes, I'm bloody angry too!

Strangely, all the hate is directed at him, Villa don't get a mention really.

All I know is it will get very messy, these things always do, plus, we play you soon! not a game for faint hearts eh?

So the fact that your chairman conveniently forgot to mention that you are also suing Lambert hasn't come up at all. Figure really. Usual knee jerk football fan reaction. So dull.

I didn't come here for a ruck fella, bye.

Well we got Lambert but there was no way we were getting Karsa and Culverhouse .

Then we got those pair but we were definitely going to have to pay for it .

Now it looks like we got all three for nothing and Norwich may have to pay Lambert a few quid to cover their ineptitude ! :crylaugh:

Poor Wiz ... you must be suicidal .

Ah...

Thought this was being discussed in the er... Paul Lambert thread. My bad.

For completeness, here is the post I've just posted there:

I'm a bit surprised at the anti-Lambert sentiment on here today. Have a look at this.
Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert admits to being “disappointed” at comments made about him by Norwich chairman Alan Bowkett over his departure from Carrow Road this summer.

Bowkett told a Norwich supporters’ tribunal last night that Lambert was now taking the Canaries to tribunal and seeking £2million compensation for breach of contract and unfair dismissal.

But Lambert today revealed that he is also being sued by Norwich and retains the full backing of the League Managers’ Association.

Bowkett said: “The manner of Paul Lambert’s departure was no surprise because he has walked out on every club he has managed.

“You can’t complain because you know what you are getting, but I felt he could have left in a more dignified manner.’’

Lambert hit back and said today: “I’m extremely disappointed that senior officials at Norwich have made comments in relation to myself.

“I’ll let him (Bowkett) say what he has got to say and we’ll see what happens.

“It will go before the Premier League managers’ tribunal. The LMA are acting on my behalf. They supported me at the time and still are.

“What Norwich haven’t made public is that they are suing me.

“It is disrespectful and wrong to that tribunal for me to comment anymore. That’s the way I’m going to leave it.

“My main concern is Aston Villa.’’

Lambert added: “Am I concerned Norwich fans are only hearing one side of the story? In a word, yes.’’

Looks like Lambert was preparing to play this one by the rules but Bowkett has broken them by going public in this hostile manner.

We managed to get through a potentially much more acrimonious dispute with MON with not a word spoken out of place on either side. Why can't that w*nker Bowkett keep his trap shut? (Although others have already speculated that it's all about diverting the gullible Norwich fans away from anger about Hughton).

Shame, Lambert took you from league 1 to the premier League and this is how you act.

Don't pretend we wouldn't be exactly the same.

MON brought us two trips to Wembley and European qualification year after year but our fans would be calling for his head on a plate if he had tried to sue us for £2m after walking out on us.

Fans are the same at every club.

As I said at the time, in my opinion, that club acted totally dishonourably. I used to think they were a nothing club but ok really, now their current owners are turning them into a no mark outfit that acts badly.

Disgraceful

Paul Lambert and his team and Aston Villa and our team have done nothing wrong in any of this and what is happening from the side of that club is now all about them trying to save face with their fans, who seem to be buying the shit they are being fed

• Like 1

Shame, Lambert took you from league 1 to the premier League and this is how you act.

Don't pretend we wouldn't be exactly the same.

MON brought us two trips to Wembley and European qualification year after year but our fans would be calling for his head on a plate if he had tried to sue us for £2m after walking out on us.

Fans are the same at every club.

I think in effect he was was "suing" us for a sum not far off that. Wasn't it rumoured he got around £1.5m? The reason it was never presented to the fans in this hostile fashion was because both parties played by the tribunal rules, which Bowkett is shamefully breaching with his public outbursts.

Bowkett may fool the Norfolk fans into turning against Lambert but let's not us be taken in.

what do you mean "if"? he **** did try to sue us

we settled out of court

As I said at the time, in my opinion, that club acted totally dishonourably. I used to think they were a nothing club but ok really, now their current owners are turning them into a no mark outfit that acts badly.

Disgraceful

Paul Lambert and his team and Aston Villa and our team have done nothing wrong in any of this and what is happening from the side of that club is now all about them trying to save face with their fans, who seem to be buying the shit they are being fed

We are buying the sh*t we are being fed yet you are utterly convinced that Lambert and Villa have done nothing wrong? In my view you are living in cloud cuckoo land and its pretty obvious to anyone who is not incredibly naive that Lamberts move to Villa was lined up before any approach by him or Villa to Norwich City (because he certainly wouldn't have quit without a job to go to) and all this fuss over the supposed "permission" clause is an attempt to try and exploit a loophole and avoid having to pay compensation. Whether or not that attempt will be successful I don;t know (i don't think any of us do but I do not believe under any such clause we would not at least be able to hold a board meeting to consider any request) but its pretty grubby conduct for a supposedly big premier league club. Then again you tried to get away without paying compensation for Macleish so its not as if there isn't previous there.

Â